Movie firsts

theboz

Reaction score
Well over the years more and more movies seem to have some fly fishing in them . Some are done well with good casting sequences and some are like a bad b level horror flick . There are good fish scenes and phony looking ones and there are phenomenal casters and fly swatters.
Today I saw some firsts . Watching "Salmon Fishing In The Yemen" there actually was a scene where a Sheik was rescued from assassination by a well placed snake cast from a Spey rod . And later in the movie two nice looking Spey outfits were thrown in a campfire . Don't know which was worse ? Haha!

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
Was the 'Yemen' move any good ? I saw it listed on pay per view but haven't watched it yet. Wanted to hear from someone that had actually seen it as to how good it was.

Thanks,

Michael

ted4887

Reaction score
Was the 'Yemen' move any good ? I saw it listed on pay per view but haven't watched it yet. Wanted to hear from someone that had actually seen it as to how good it was.

Thanks,

Michael

Wasn't terrible, but like mentioned, a bit of a chick flick. If you're bored one night it would be worth the rental, IMO.

JoJer

Reaction score
I saw it in the theater. I kept wanting to hit "pause" to look at the scenery. I thought it was a good movie, but I anticipated a couple of the scenes before I walked into the theater.

stlskyline

Reaction score
Did PPV with the wife for "Yemen" was a bit of a chick flick, but with it being 100+ lately it did satisfy somewhat, plus it kept me from lurking on here, win win from the wife.

BigCliff

Reaction score
I saw it via redbox over the wknd. I'd call it not bad and I chuckled a few times at the biologist's smartarserry. But yes, the casting attempts were rather painful, not to mention that the cool underwater shots they had of schools of salmon were all pacific species while only Atlantics were involved in the plot.

The book on which its based is supposedly much better, and the kindle version is only $4 right now. I intended to read it first, but you see how that went.

cowpokey

Reaction score
Chick flick? Yeah, maybe. It was pretty entertaining though, some of the back and forth banter was down right funny. I really don't understand why they threw the rod/reel(s) in the fire with the comment about not needing them again? What the hell was that about, no fishing left anywhere else?

argail

Reaction score
rating this movie 6.8 (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen) [ame="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441952/"]Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (2011) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTYxMzA2NTU5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI0MDI0Nw@@._V1._SX93_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTYxMzA2NTU5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI0MDI0Nw@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX93@@AMEPARAM@@SY140[/ame] I think for 9k people is ok+ close to 7.0 :eek: have not yet watched

silver creek

Reaction score
There is a scene in a western movie with Robert Duval in which he is fly casting and doing the double haul which wasn't invented until the 1930s by Marvin Hedges. I think it was "Open Range" or "Lonesome Dove," but it could another movie since he has made a lot of them.