Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Joan Wulff could use some help...

Edited 10/08/12 by matokuwapi

Kathryn Maroun and I are hoping you'll get involved.

If you love Joan Wulff, the First Lady of Fly Fishing, and appreciate what she has done for the sport of fly fishing...I hope you will take less than a minute of time, right now, and help make a wish come true.
    SNIPPED~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.change.org/petitions/spo...m_term=7419849

UPDATE!!
    It's my understanding that Joan has not, is not and will not pursue a membership with the ACNY. She did express a wish to have had the honor of being asked...just as her male counterparts were.

After some very recent discussion with the persons involved in this petition, I now have more clearity into what's going on. Hopefully you'll understand. It started off with good intent, just jumped the gun with the wrong approach. It was a well meaning attempt at filling a wish from one friend to another. Joan, now 88 years old, had expressed a long time wish to be asked and accepted as an equal among her peers. You might say its been on her bucket list for quite some time. This individual (Kathryn), was just hoping to see a wish full filled for a friend and very deserving person.

The petition will be reworded to reflect this and I'm told it will continue.
    Last edited by matokuwapi; 08-01-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Default Re: Joan Wulff could use some help...

Done.......

3. Default Re: Joan Wulff could use some help...

Just Done it

Signed, sealed, delivered.

Geez, Augusta all over again!!
    In this day and age it's just plain silly, but it does happen the other way around too, regardless of that my vote has been cast.

For the record, it's the ANGLERS (not angling) Club of New York, and they are NOT "the same club that is behind the American Museum of Fly Fishing." No club is "behind" the AMFF. There are ACNY members on the board of AMFF, but it is, again, not "behind" AMFF. I ought to know, I ran the place for almost 7 years, longer than any other executive director in its history.

I consider Joan Wulff a friend. Don't see why she'd want to join up with that outfit anyway. Based on your mis-information, matokuwapi, I'll hold off on signing anything until I see/hear Joan actually wants this. The only reason I could conceive of that she'd want to join is that its a good place for lunch downtown.

Oh, and I thought we aren't allowed to post hotlinks that take us off this site??

Gary

UPDATE: I see on the change.org web page that Joan Wulff has asked these women to stop the campaign.
    Last edited by gt05254; 08-01-2012 at 10:19 AM.

7. Default Re: Joan Wulff could use some help...

UPDATE!!
    It's my understanding that Joan has not, is not and will not pursue a membership with the ACNY. She did express a wish to have had the honor of being asked...just as her male counterparts were.

After some very recent discussion with the persons involved in this petition, I now have more clearity into what's going on. Hopefully you'll understand. It started off with good intent, just jumped the gun with the wrong approach. It was a well meaning attempt at filling a wish from one friend to another. Joan, now 88 years old, had expressed a long time wish to be asked and accepted as an equal among her peers. You might say its been on her bucket list for quite some time. This individual (Kathryn), was just hoping to see a wish full filled for a friend and very deserving person.

The petition will be reworded to reflect this and I'm told it will continue.

I deleted my post.

Rick
    Last edited by oarfish; 08-01-2012 at 05:48 PM.

In mato kuwapi's defense, she's a regular contributor and very well regarded on other fly fishing forums and she certainly meant well.
    While I personally would would be inclined to cut her some slack about this, I'm also someone who is pretty skeptical of stuff I read on the interweb and tend not to jump on board with everything I see... but that's just me.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart