Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Orvis Superfine 3wt- maybe the best for me

Reactivating this thread.....

I too tried a SF 7'6" 3wt this fall and fell in love with it. My wife and I do a lot of summer hiking in the Rockies. She does not fish and since I am always looking for ways to add fishing days, we often hike to highland lakes. I pack in my gear and she packs in her iPad to read a book after a picnic lunch. I decided that the above mentioned Orvis SF was the rod I needed for those fine little Brookies. Well, guess what my wife got me for Christmas? Yep,the SF with an Orvis CFO II reel already loaded with 3wt line. I guess I'll keep her for another 38 years.
    I predict more hiking in 2013,
    Roger

2. Likes littledavid123, cletus, comeonavs, nickj liked this post

I have an older 7'9" 5wt Far n Fine(bought it new) This threads got me thinking of blowing the dust off it this year.
    ...some men go to church and think of fishing while other men go fishing and feel closer to God

Smile Re: Orvis Superfine 3wt- maybe the best for me

Quote Originally Posted by trouton View Post
    Reactivating this thread.....

I too tried a SF 7'6" 3wt this fall and fell in love with it. My wife and I do a lot of summer hiking in the Rockies. She does not fish and since I am always looking for ways to add fishing days, we often hike to highland lakes. I pack in my gear and she packs in her iPad to read a book after a picnic lunch. I decided that the above mentioned Orvis SF was the rod I needed for those fine little Brookies. Well, guess what my wife got me for Christmas? Yep,the SF with an Orvis CFO II reel already loaded with 3wt line. I guess I'll keep her for another 38 years.
    I predict more hiking in 2013,
    Roger
    That IS the perfect rod for those high altitude little brook trout. With the low flows and warm temps this year, I did a lot of that with my 7'6" 3w Superfine. My wife hikes/explores while I fish.

Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
    I have an older 7'9" 5wt Far n Fine(bought it new) This threads got me thinking of blowing the dust off it this year.
    You won't regret it.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Ok, I fished my Orvis 7'6" Super Fine 3wt today for the first time since receiving it for Christmas. Let me just say that the name says it all!
    I brought it back to TX from my CO condo so that I can try it in our community ponds. They are filled with Bluegill, Sunfish, and a few Large Mouth Bass. This gives me casting and hook setting practice. My main use for this rod will be when hiking in CO with my wife to alpine lakes and streams. I will set the hook on some Brookies in the summer months and I can't wait for then. I encourage anyone that is thinking of this rod to not hesitate. You will enjoy going after the small fish as much as the big ones.
    Roger

7. Likes shotgunfly liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123