Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wading shoe size adjuster

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    159

    Default Wading shoe size adjuster

    Without waders, my wading shoes are way too large. I made some "thick" insoles from cheap flip-flops. Just cut off the straps and in my case, they fit in the shoes. Now, without waders - a thin pair of socks, the flip-flop insoles and I'm good to go. Your mileage may vary.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,777
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    When I'm not in the waders, I use neoprene socks with the wading boots.
    Larry


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    quiet corner, ct
    Posts
    8,508

    Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    I have some wading boots that are too tight to wear with waders, but still too large for just socks.
    As roadkill does, they get an extra insole of foam, but just not as thick
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    When I'm not in the waders, I use neoprene socks with the wading boots.
    I was too cheap to buy the neoprene socks. BTW, I got to see the Pindedale homecomming parade last year. A buddy and I had lunch in Pinedale on our way to Meadow Lake. Good memories.... Thanks for the reminder

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
    Posts
    10,675

    Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    When I'm not in the waders, I use neoprene socks with the wading boots.
    +1 here.


    ........
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,848
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    When I'm not in the waders, I use neoprene socks with the wading boots.
    When I'm not in waders, I drink Dos Equis.

    Stay thirsty my friend.

  7. Likes mcnerney, TeddyBallgame09, BigCliff, Vans liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,777
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill1948 View Post
    I was too cheap to buy the neoprene socks. BTW, I got to see the Pindedale homecomming parade last year. A buddy and I had lunch in Pinedale on our way to Meadow Lake. Good memories.... Thanks for the reminder
    Roadkill: I've only been up to Meadow lake once, had two strikes, missed them both and then got run off the water with a big Thunderstorm. I need to get back up there, it certainly is a pretty location and a chance at a Grayling makes it all the better. I still need to explore Burnt lake, just too much water around here to hit it all in one summer. LOL!
    If you get back in this area give me a shout and maybe we can hit some water together.

    I think Dennis might have a good plan (Dos Equis)!
    Larry


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    quiet corner, ct
    Posts
    8,508

    Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    I have a pair of "store bought" neoprene socks, but I also own a pair of "home made" as well.
    They were repurposed from a pair of old neoprene waders.
    Not only did I get the socks out of the deal, but also a pair of gaiters, a set of knee pads, plus the foam that I use for the insole of my wading boots.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

  10. Talking Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    One of my favorite, (and now seemingly impossible to find except in Elven sizes, for the well-heeled, eBay-surfing Lilliputian crowd...) pairs of wading boots ever is my Cloudveils.
    They actually came with 2 sets of inserts, one for thinner-socked wet-wading endeavors and the other for stockingfooted waders.

    They are light, durable and have seen a good bit of both salt and freshwater action and they're still in terrific shape.

    It is a shame Cloudveil bowed out of the flyfishing business...several of my favorite pieces of gear bear their name/logo.

    Anyway...glad your system works well for your needs...
    All the best,
    TB09

  11. #10

    Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame09 View Post
    One of my favorite, (and now seemingly impossible to find except in Elven sizes, for the well-heeled, eBay-surfing Lilliputian crowd...) pairs of wading boots ever is my Cloudveils.
    They actually came with 2 sets of inserts, one for thinner-socked wet-wading endeavors and the other for stockingfooted waders.

    They are light, durable and have seen a good bit of both salt and freshwater action and they're still in terrific shape.

    It is a shame Cloudveil bowed out of the flyfishing business...several of my favorite pieces of gear bear their name/logo.

    Anyway...glad your system works well for your needs...
    All the best,
    TB09
    Have to agree on the Cloudveil gear! I have two pairs of their crystal creek waders and they have been bombproof! I once put my waders in the dryer after applying Revivex and the seam tape on the neoprene bootie melted and seperated....thought I was doomed! I applied aquaseal to the seam and duct tape over it from the inside and have not had a leak..that was 3 yrs ago.

    Cloudveil...bring back your fishing apparel department!

  12. Likes TeddyBallgame09 liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 01:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 02:40 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 10:10 PM
  5. Simms Fishing Riprap Shoe-Size 12- Wading Shoe
    By Ebay USA in forum Wading equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •