Another New NAFFF Member Hello

rkymtn

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

It seems that most every time I have a FF question and submit it on Google search, I end up here. I appreciate the posts you all have made and figure I might be able to contribute something of value or at least offer some unused equipment I have "collected" when i first go into this hobby and wanted to try everything to find what i liked best. So, keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds for some of my Sage, Winston, Leonard, Ross, etc.

I like fishing small streams best, as I like to hike and explore and then use my 2wt 6.5' Winston to see what is living in the little pools in streams. I enjoy the technical casting in tight places, too. I pretty much like high performance compact tools. I EDC a Chris Reeve Knives Ti-Lock and Klarus MiX6 flashlight. I really like and favor my Sig P238 and Steyr Scout rifle, too. I guess it comes from my joy of exploration (hiking, mountain biking) and need to keep things compact and light.

FF equipment-wise, pretty much favor faster actions (but also like playing with bamboo and fiberglass, too). My rod preference is Sage (SP - no wind, XT - windy days, SLT - the in-between) and Winston, and I predominantly use Ross reels. No real preference on line, other than weight forward.

Looking forward to some good tips and critical thinking.

Cheers!

Eric

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum. You can ask and answer all the questions you want here. My advice on the gear would be to spend some time posting so that our membership doesn't think you joined just to sell stuff. We have many people who register and follow up with 20 very inconsequential posts just to list items for sale. By giving an introduction I don't think that is your purpose and I hope you enjoy the forum.

If you click the 'Forums' on the menu bar atop the page here you can see that we are full of sub forums and regional forums as well.

Welcome to the group,

Ard

littledavid123

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Be sure and try the search feature, there is a treasure trove of good info hidden in there.

Dave

thorsten

Reaction score
Hello Eric,

Welcome to this fantastic forum. You can find so many interesting threads and pictures that you can read for a couple of days until you just have a rough overview :wiggle:

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:Eric....you may have already noticed there are members from all over the world on this forum;)tons of infos,lots of helpful guys and gals here;)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Eric: Welcome to the forum, I can't wait to read about your fly fishing adventures on those small mountain streams!

Larry

L

Liphookedau

Hi Eric,All I can say is,From Australia A BIG :welcomean
Brian