Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Fly Fishing in Alaska with my RC Multirotor

So here is a raw sample of what my multirotor helicopter can do.

Alaska was a great place to fish and take photos!

It was a difficult environment to get the helicopter in the air with the rain and wind, but it was fun!

Hope to get up there next year to get some more dynamic shots.

I know some people asked for a raw, unedited version of my video. Have not had the time to rerender it.... but here is a sample of the aerial footage.

Turn down the volume, since there is no music just the sound from the helicopter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2D_cszXgR8]Multirotor helicopter AP in Alaska Fly Fishing - YouTube[/ame]

Default Re: Fly Fishing in Alaska with my RC Multirotor

Looks to be an excellent bear spotter...

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

totally agree. I hope to get back up there next summer and get some bears on camera.

this year we saw lots of bears but only in the national park.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

I'd really like to see what this helicopter looks like. Cooler than a pocket full of ice cubes!

I am going to put a link here to my blog on RCGroups.com (if that is not okay, just let me know)
    It is the best place to see what it looks like, but I will also post some pics here!

Adidas4275's blog - RC Groups

older version

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Saw/watched a fellow on the Rogue with one of these last week. Amazing to watch this thing fly.
    fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

that's cool. at the moment 99% of them are hobbyist build rigs from kits and parts, but were slowly seeing out of the box models (much more expensive) being sold. So I think in the future we will see more and more of them. Right now they are a niche market and a small community of pilots....

I have never seen anyone else flying one in the wilderness or on a river. Lot of golf courses, race tracks, dirt bike tracks and such.

I find it fun to watch the cast from the birds eye perspective.

Fantastic idea, now if we can up armor ( a 500 smith that just might work) it you can keep both eyes on what your doing instead of one on the Bears and one on what your doing, while the guide earns his flight pay.