Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orvis Waders

Blog Entries

Default Re: Orvis Waders

Congratulations on your purchase. I haven't seen them first hand, but from what I have seen in ads and such, you've made a good choice. After you've had them for a while, please update us with a review of them. Enjoy your trip!
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Blog Entries

Double D, enjoy those things! I'll likely be snagging a pair for myself soon enough! Like jaybo said, throw a review up after a few uses, there aren't a whole lot of them out there yet since this is their first week in widespread circulation.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Orvis waders are outstanding. The 'welded' seams on my new Sonics have not seen extensive use yet ,,but as time goes by I'll see how they hold up. I expect they will be very very good.

Michael

4. Default Re: Orvis Waders

I have only good experience with Orvis waders.
    No wonder, those are the only brand I've tried.
    The old clearwater waders last for 12 years before the neoprene feet started to leak. Now, I am using Tailwater XT on the 4th year and so far, so good.

ill be picking up a pair of these new ORVIS sonic seam waders
    i did go to their outlet last weekend, but they had nothing.
    so im just gonna go ahead and get a brand new pair with newest tech.

does anyone know if ORVIS has any thanksgiving sales?
    im in no rush , and can wait another month if that means good savings.

o and now that you guys are talking waders,
    next step is boots:
    what are good entry level boots. (i think ill want rubber sol) as i hear that felt soles can freeze up a bit, and i do hope to fish in the winter around Big Bear/Mammoth mtn,

Blog Entries

Not sure about the Orvis sales cycles but if you renew or join TU, you can get a $30 discount off a purchase of $100 or more.

As for boots, take a look at this thread. There is a pretty good discussion on boots and it is current 2013 models notwithstanding.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...ding-boot.html
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

thanks

Default Re: Orvis Waders-Update

Hello All:

I have to say, the Orvis Sonic Seam Waders I bought are outstanding quality-and at $265 dollars, a great deal (from the research I've done on this subject). For example: I've fly fished up in the Wellston, Mi area (large and small waters) and my waders "felt" like they wear made, they fit like a glove, roomy but also not tight, the seams are constructed for long lasting fly fishing and the pockets are great for all the little things we carry. I've also taken my waders out in my local waters and again, I'm very happy with the construction, design and material of the Orvis Waders.

"It is ourselves that we conquer, not the mountain." Sir Edmund Hillary, 1959

Get chest waders for sure. I have used Orvis waders for years with no issues.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    DD: Welcome to the forum! I use their Silver Label model that has the light weight top that tugs down inside as mostly I fish using just the waist high but occasionally will bring the top up for the extra protection. Like Ard said they are spendy, but the quality is very good and the warranty rocks.
    Stockingfoot Waders / Silver Label Roll-down Stockingfoot Waders -- Orvis

Larry
    Another vote for these convertibles. Top up for big water and float tube....top down for smaller waters and keeping cool.

I have now 3 seasons on these and they are just like new. Amazing after wearing cheap waders for years....and they are MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE than cheapies. Quality of the fit in the booties, for instance, is much better....and on and on...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123