Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sage TXL

1. Default Sage TXL

im thinking of buying a Sage TXL.is this rod any good

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sage TXL

The TXL line was discontinued and the current production model is the TXL-F. I have not used the newer version. I own a TXL which is a fun little rod for small streams.

That being said, if you provided some info such as where you fish, what type of species you fish for, type of flies that you are using, what type of action you prefer, etc. you might get better recommendations.

Also, fly rods are very subjective. If you can get to a local fly shop and cast them that's always going to be a good practice. What works for me, or some of the others may not be the best option for you. The fly shop should also be able to help you out with recommendations on the type of fly rods you should be looking at given where you are fishing.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

3. Default Re: Sage TXL

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    The TXL line was discontinued and the current production model is the TXL-F. I have not used the newer version. I own a TXL which is a fun little rod for small streams.

That being said, if you provided some info such as where you fish, what type of species you fish for, type of flies that you are using, what type of action you prefer, etc. you might get better recommendations.

Also, fly rods are very subjective. If you can get to a local fly shop and cast them that's always going to be a good practice. What works for me, or some of the others may not be the best option for you. The fly shop should also be able to help you out with recommendations on the type of fly rods you should be looking at given where you are fishing.
    i fish in rivers and some time small stillwaters.i normaly use dry flies.i like middle action