Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  264
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 323
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    671

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    Some how i have managed to acquired 11 fly rods and 1 switch rod in the last few years. Plus i have given a couple away.

    Echo Carbon 4wt
    Bass Pro Shop Hobbs Creek 4wt
    Sage Flight 5wt
    Echo Ion 6wt
    Echo Ion 7wt
    Redington Crosswater 8wt
    Echo Edge 8wt
    TFO NXT 8/9wt
    Echo Ion 9wt
    Echo S3 12wt
    Old Heddon bamboo rod 7ish wt

    Heritage Switch Rod 7/8/9wt

    lol

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perry, OK north central OK
    Posts
    94
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    Uh, only one, a Redington RS4 5wt. I don't know where all those others came from. I found most of them. That's my story to the wife and I'm stikin' with it!

  3. Likes wannafish liked this post
  4. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    Quote Originally Posted by cimarron View Post
    Uh, only one, a Redington RS4 5wt. I don't know where all those others came from. I found most of them. That's my story to the wife and I'm stikin' with it!
    Yeah, all mine fell off the back of the truck.....

  5. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    quiet corner, ct
    Posts
    8,603

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    The other day I answered an ad in the paper where a father, son and daughter were wanting to get into fly fishing and were look for equipment.... for free I imagine.
    So I'll be reducing my "quiver" soon. At least by 2-3 rods and a couple of reels plus some matching lines.
    Maybe some trout nets, tying material and a couple of pairs of waders too.
    This is the third time that I've done this.
    I'm such a horder
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

  6. Likes wannafish, mrfzx, smilingduck liked this post
  7. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
    The other day I answered an ad in the paper where a father, son and daughter were wanting to get into fly fishing and were look for equipment.... for free I imagine.
    So I'll be reducing my "quiver" soon. At least by 2-3 rods and a couple of reels plus some matching lines.
    Maybe some trout nets, tying material and a couple of pairs of waders too.
    This is the third time that I've done this.
    I'm such a horder
    Did I mention that I'm wanting to get into fly fishing Rip Tide.....?

  8. #166

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    I currently own seven rods:

    PHY Para 15 8' 0" 6wt 2pc
    Zhu Bamboo 8' 0" 6wt 2pc
    Zhu Bamboo 7' 6" 5wt 2pc
    Zhu Bamboo 7' 0" 4wt 2pc
    Zhu Bamboo 6' 9" 4wt 2pc
    Redington Classic Trout 8' 6" 5wt 4pc
    Redington Classic Trout 8' 0" 4wt 4pc

    The Zhu Bamboo 6942 is a pleasure to cast and is my favorite rod. The Zhu 7652 is also a joy to use. They aren't heirlooms but I don't plan on getting rid of them ever.

    The Redington CTs are my only graphite rods after I sold my Sage ZXL 8644. The ZXL was a great rod, but the CTs perform just as well to me and I got both CTs combined for less than a third what I got for the ZXL.

    I'm giving the Zhu Bamboo 8062 and 7042 rods to my nephew in WA since he has ready access to streams and rivers and is starting to fish. Those two rods should cover his fishing needs.

    The PHY P15 is a clone that I like but don't love. I will keep it for the times I need a 6wt, which isn't often.

    So I may end up with just five soon. That would be fine.

    Take care.

  9. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Breckenridge Colorado
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    I have WAY more rods, than the next wife will ever know about.

  10. Likes cletus, noreaster liked this post
  11. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    I currently own seven rods:

    PHY Para 15 8' 0" 6wt 2pc
    Zhu Bamboo 8' 0" 6wt 2pc
    Zhu Bamboo 7' 6" 5wt 2pc
    Zhu Bamboo 7' 0" 4wt 2pc
    Zhu Bamboo 6' 9" 4wt 2pc
    Redington Classic Trout 8' 6" 5wt 4pc
    Redington Classic Trout 8' 0" 4wt 4pc

    The Zhu Bamboo 6942 is a pleasure to cast and is my favorite rod. The Zhu 7652 is also a joy to use. They aren't heirlooms but I don't plan on getting rid of them ever.

    The Redington CTs are my only graphite rods after I sold my Sage ZXL 8644. The ZXL was a great rod, but the CTs perform just as well to me and I got both CTs combined for less than a third what I got for the ZXL.

    I'm giving the Zhu Bamboo 8062 and 7042 rods to my nephew in WA since he has ready access to streams and rivers and is starting to fish. Those two rods should cover his fishing needs.

    The PHY P15 is a clone that I like but don't love. I will keep it for the times I need a 6wt, which isn't often.

    So I may end up with just five soon. That would be fine.

    Take care.
    I applaud your generosity in giving the bamboo rods to your nephew, but knowing what I know after years of fly fishing, starting out with a bamboo rod is.....interesting. I'd be afraid I would break it learning how to cast, and those bad boys are expensive.

  12. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    southern arizona
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    I have enough to forget how many. I'd have to look to write down the models and tapers.
    Size;
    5- 3wt
    1- 4wt
    1- 5wt
    3- 6wt

    Material;
    2- bamboo 3wt
    1- bamboo 4wt
    1- bamboo 5wt
    3- graphite 3wt
    1- graphite 6wt
    2- glass 6wt
    steve

  13. #170

    Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

    Quote Originally Posted by nick k View Post
    I applaud your generosity in giving the bamboo rods to your nephew, but knowing what I know after years of fly fishing, starting out with a bamboo rod is.....interesting. I'd be afraid I would break it learning how to cast, and those bad boys are expensive.
    Thanks, Nick. I understand your trepidation.

    My nephew already fishes with one of my brother's graphite rods. I think it is also a Redington Classic Trout. He is enjoying it quite a bit from what I hear. He fishes the Snoqualmie River and Lake Sammamish with his dad. I figure that if he uses a bamboo rod early and likes it, then so much the better for him. Each rod has two tips, so if he should break one, then he won't be out of a rod. It's also his birthday coming up, and he's a decent kid, so it's all good.

    Take care.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NWT - Boys Baby Gap Junk Food Curious George Fishing Shirt - 12-18 Months
    By Ebay USA in forum Fishing Shirts and Clothing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 07:11 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 12:10 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
  4. Newbie curious about your thoughts on a beginner outfit
    By Simonsays in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 03:14 PM
  5. Curious...
    By HuronRiverDan in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 08:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •