The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  264
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 10-30-2014, 10:19 AM

runningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts47 View Post
Including rods I've collected for my Boy Scouts... Something around 20. Just don't tell my wife...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yeah right for the Boy Scouts...so that is your pick up line eh, Todd?

currently I have 5.

6'6" 3/4wt Eagleclaw Featherlite glass for the van.
9' 4wt Zenith
9' 8wt Zenith
10'4" 6wt Beulah platinum Switch rod
11'7" 5wt Beulah platinum Spey rod

I am pursuing and sampling some 3wt and 5wt glass rods right now. So, I might add one Glass rod into the list.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Just like my weight, the more I attempt to cut back, the more I gain

Two years ago, on the first page of this thread, I said 24
There's at least 10 more than that now
Old 10-30-2014, 12:47 PM

troutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to behold

I will not belabor the itemization but my count is up to 15.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Oops-16 plus my wife's I bought her-total household count is 17
Old 10-30-2014, 03:57 PM

rockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant future

A lot more than I should. Any statement beyond that, I refuse to answer.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:20 PM

cab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud of

I recently took a friend, G.G., fishing up a little creek. The 905 I got for her b-day a couple of years ago is ridiculously huge there, we shared my 8'3wt.

If I want to fish next time, I need another 3wt. Oh, well kinda wanted to upgrade anyway!

CAB
Old 10-30-2014, 05:48 PM

eastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Just like my weight, the more I attempt to cut back, the more I gain

Two years ago, on the first page of this thread, I said 24
There's at least 10 more than that now
You have more rods than both of my local shops combined !!!!

Holy Cow !!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:08 PM
bait cutter

jagermeister has a spectacular aura aboutjagermeister has a spectacular aura aboutjagermeister has a spectacular aura about

3 Winston's 5wt 8wt 10wt
1 sage 4wt
1 orvis 4wt

><{{{{{{{>
Old 10-30-2014, 07:24 PM

nevessl is on a distinguished road

My first rod came in today, actually...

Redington 8'6" Classic Trout.

Now to get everything else.

Brandon
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Rip Tide, geordie41 liked this post
Old 10-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

siege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, Nevessl !!! It's the beginning of a magnificent obsession.
I have enough rods ( and guns ) that I have forgotten what some of them are. But that does not stop me from adding something to the herd now and then.
I have favorites, that I use most of the time, like they say, variety is the spice of life
Likes tx_newb liked this post
Old 10-30-2014, 09:37 PM

nevessl is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I have done "fly fishing" in the past... kind of... accidentally caught a couple of trout... literally accidentally. lol Long story...

I'm really excited to get officially started doing this. I've wanted to since my friend and I got into his dad's fly tying materials when we were 13... I still have those flies and have also caught fish on them!! They were certainly not patterns of any type except from my imagination. Haha!

Brandon
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes siege liked this post