Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Is there an on-line alternative to PayPal?

Odd off several months ago but my credit card company 'Fraud Squad'** thought they'd hit a live one and stopped payment on a couple of my buys. I can understand the 'why' as both were $350.00 purchases and within minutes of each other (spey rod and expensive reel via SpeyPages).

Got that sorted with the seller's by just sending them a cheque, but can't get the PP problem sorted so can't access the account. Worse yet, ever try to have an actual 'human contact' with that organization to get things straightened out?

Fred

** For context I've had this Corporate Account since 1984 so their programing is well aware of my buying habits. After the above (found out by mail) I called and gave them my cell phone number for input into their systems. Damned if I didn't get a call about two weeks ago over a sub four dollar charge. It was legit, but good to know 'they're watching' in this day and age of Identity Theft.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Default Re: Is there an on-line alternative to PayPal?

I've never dealt with customer service that was as vague! I hate PP but its the standard, there is another company but its name escapes me and until they gain some traction PP is all we have.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

amazon payments i believe the version on, well, amazon, is called.

Have you ever read the user forum on Ebay? Alot of folks say they're switching over to amazon based on ebay/paypal's issues.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Thanks for the Amazon info; I knew there was another major one out there, but couldn't remember 'The Who.' Lots of purchases via Amazon and everyone's been as smooth as silk.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I used to sell items on ebay and used Paypal alot. I had several "problems" with paypal that took weeks to get straighten out, **** poor customer service. I ended up quitting the ebay sales for several reasons on was the 10-15% that ebay and paypal took off my sales.

Now when I sell items I'll take personal checks, Postal Money Orders, Cashiers Check or cash. Anything but Paypal. It maybe slower but I have never had a problem and neither has any of my customers.

what kind of CC do you use that you cant get a live representative to answer?

and using corporate account to pay for your fly rods

Quote Originally Posted by romanl View Post
    what kind of CC do you use that you cant get a live representative to answer?

and using corporate account to pay for your fly rods
    You get this automated voice asking you questions that ends up sending you back on line to the Dispute resolution web site. Even 'stabbing' "0" gets you nowhere. As for the card being a 'Corporate Account' that's all it was used for when I worked in the 'real world.' Even now as a LLC you can use the card for anything, as long as you pay from personal funds.

Claiming a fly rod (unless given to a customer) would not please the IRS.
    ;>)