Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2013 Trip

1. Default 2013 Trip

Greetings,

This is my first post on this board, so let me start out with a little about myself.

I live in Eastern KY and love to fish. I am very new to fly fishing, and am looking to plan a trip out west next year. I am leaning towards Casper, WY in early May, but am open to suggestions.

Recenlty someone I know went to Pinedale, WY for a week and really enjoyed it (just last month).

I love to wade fish, but am open to any info you all would be willing to share.

Thanks,
    Jamie aka "Air Blair'

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2013 Trip

Hi Jamie,

We have a fella right in Pinedale so he will be posting soon as he spots your post. Welcome to the forum,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Jamie... Ard's right...our friend Larry from Pinedale should give you infos as soon as he comes back from fishinghe's been on the water a lot for a while

If you have never been to the Yellowstone area, that is where I would go. Yellowstone park is beautiful and it is awesome to see all of the geothermal features and to view the wildlife. There are many great rivers to wade within the park and many more outside the park. There are five or six fly shops in the town of West Yellowstone and the all offer guide services.

I have hired a guide to drift down the Madison River (outside the park) several different times over the years. It is a great experience. The rainbows and browns are plump.

Everytime I have wade fished within the park, I have had close encounters with Elk, Bison and even a black bear once. It is amazing. The Yellowstone area is my favorite place to fish in the lower 48. Now that I have been to Alaska, nothing can beat that!!!!

I haven't been there.. but Cody is supposed to have some great fishing too. Easy to jump into YNP as well.

And early May... sometimes you never know.. this year the last snow we had up here was June 4th, 2011 I htink it was abouty 6/15? - Not really cold, but something to keep in mind
    Dave

6. Default Re: 2013 Trip

Thanks for the great info so far. I feel like a kid in a candy store with all the good advice and recommendations thus far. I think I need to decide on what area/region I want to go to and then start digging in from there. I think I will find a guide to use for at least a few days and then try to possible wade fish some too.