Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: See Dave

Default See Dave

See Dave Smile...

This is my first fly fishing outing of the summer. I work 2 weeks on and 1 week off and it takes 2 of my days off getting to and from work. So with only 5 days off, 2 girls and a lovely wife, my priorities are with them. Today one was off to the zoo on a church outing and the other was going to a birthday party. Funny, just as my wife was taking my youngest to the birthday party she turned looked at me, smiled and said GO...That was all I needed to hear. But then the cell phone started ringing, a rig was having problems aaagh. 4 hours later at 1:00 in the afternoon things settled down and I was headed to the river.

Went to a spot that holds brookies and went thru streamers, wooly buggers, drys, midges and not a single take. AND I DIDN'T EVEN CARE because I WAS FISHING...

[IMG][/IMG]
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Default Re: See Dave

Same with me today. Waded the South Fork of the Holston a longgg ways,,,not one fish. But it's a stocked stream and pretty fished out till October. But I had FUN !!

Nice ride Dave. Now where in the hell would you use a 4WD rig in Tejas?
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

4. Likes fredaevans liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Nice ride Dave. Now where in the hell would you use a 4WD rig in Tejas?
    Some of the lease roads (dirt roads) are up to 15 miles of bad road, still not a big deal, but when it rains. On some of these roads the dust is 8 inches deep and when it does rain there can be a mile of water to drive thru. And besides I look cool driving it...

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

6. Likes mojo, fredaevans liked this post
    Blog Entries

Dave: You were definitely do for a day on the water, congrats!
    Larry

Dave...glad to hear you got out. But where in hell do you find Brookies in Texas?!? That sounds as odd as me as if I said I was going javelina huntin!

9. Likes jpbfly liked this post
    Blog Entries

nothing's better to relax Ltd...BIG 4WD you got

Blog Entries

Good for you Dave, I can't fish here because of high water & flooding........... You are good to go at least.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Dean, it was during my 5 days at home in Northern Arkansas. I get to Montana and see anything that looks like mexican food...Well, just better hide your Doritos.

Ard, I am going to send you a bucket of dust and a cactus plant to break the bad juju in your neck of the woods. I know what you're going thru and it's not pretty.

Dave

13. Likes dean_mt liked this post