The Early Morning Picture Thread

Pocono

Reaction score
Here's a thead for those of us who like to get up early and are lucky enough to have a camera handy to capture the start of a new day.

Sometimes when the sun is just coming up on the water, you know it's going to be a great day and you start thinking about doing fun things..........like fishing! :)

Here's one from this morning on the Merrimack River, a local river in my neck of the woods.

I'll bet that most of you have some nice early morning pics out there; here's a chance to share them with your friends on this forum.

Pocono

gatortransplant

Reaction score
Allan, there will likely be a lot more of those sort of photos coming from me soon as the fall season spools up. Between early mornings on the run and possible outings with the bow mean great possibility for these shots. I have one of the sunrise on the Delaware but its hiding on my external harddrive which I don't have with me at the moment. Your photo is beautiful, sets the bar quite high!

And I'll bite, to keep the photos rolling... this was taken with a blackberry curve (not a great camera at all) several years ago, at the beginning of a mangrove-raiding trip for snook, redfish, trout, and whatever else chose to eat:

Last edited:

mrfzx

Reaction score
Here are a couple of good ones.

Sunrise in New York near the Oak last October.

Here is one in Louisiana this past June.

Another from Louisiana...

mrfzx

Reaction score
Yep! Veteran's Day weekend. We're staying at the 4C's marina. PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

fishindave

Reaction score
Snook, Redfish, Trout?...Gator you are making me homesick...I'll be back for 2 weeks in Jan. and a week in Ambergris....Twill be a bit chilly in my neck of the woods though for any sort of wadeing adventures....(I'll make up for it in Belize though) :wiggle:
BTW, you still in sweden?

wizardofaz

Reaction score
On a recent camping trip with my Wife and two young girls, I rose extremely early, rustled up some crude coffee, and headed down to the lake. The place was Lynx Lake, in Prescott Arizona. Although I was not there to fly fish, I am certainly wishing now that I had been. I snaked my way down the hill behind our campsite, across the path which circumnavigates the lake, and down to the lake shore. It was extremely dark, but I waited patiently, soaking up the serenity of the place until the perfect moment.

SNAP...

Lynx Lake ~ September 8th, 2012 ~ 6:07am

Pocono

Reaction score
On a recent camping trip with my Wife and two young girls, I rose extremely early, rustled up some crude coffee, and headed down to the lake. The place was Lynx Lake, in Prescott Arizona. Although I was not there to fly fish, I am certainly wishing now that I had been. I snaked my way down the hill behind our campsite, across the path which circumnavigates the lake, and down to the lake shore. It was extremely dark, but I waited patiently, soaking up the serenity of the place until the perfect moment.

SNAP...

Lynx Lake ~ September 8th, 2012 ~ 6:07am
Josh,

Your pic isn't coming up on my PC. I can see the link in this message, as I write it, but it's not showing for me on the forum thread. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Pocono

pmoconnor89

Reaction score

Found myself exploring a new flat after the docklights had turned off and the snook bite slowed. This was a couple of weeks back now.

wizardofaz

Reaction score
Josh,

Your pic isn't coming up on my PC. I can see the link in this message, as I write it, but it's not showing for me on the forum thread. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Pocono
Hmmm. No idea. I'll check it when I get on a computer. Can't troubleshoot it on my phone...

~Josh