The Best Thing About Fly Fishing for Carp--A Video by Carp Slime Productions

mrp1

Reaction score
The Carp season is over now. Hot days spent stalking Carp in shallow water are fading into memory.

(If you open this in "full screen" mode you will be able to see the fish better.)

Enjoy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqdt7sDnh4]The Best Thing About Fly Fishing For Carp - YouTube[/ame]

Poke 'Em

Reaction score
Deleted this message due to the content.

Last edited by a moderator:

tbblom

Reaction score
Had a great take the other day; the fish was just out of range so I decided to be patient and sat down and started eating a sandwich. About halfway through my lunch I looked up and noticed the carp was now 20 feet away. I got up and quickly landed the fly on 'the dinner plate' and was soon into a 10 minute fight. Nice fall carp before they hide for winter. Unfortunately many of the ponds here are drying up after a tough drought summer. The pond where I caught my first carp is now a mud flat with only a few carp left plowing through the silt. There used to be maybe 50 big carp in that pond. Kind of sad.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I've edited my post here
Apparently my personal experience and opinions are not appropriate for this forum

Last edited:

chuck s

Reaction score
Good video! yep it's the take!:cool: just watched this again and it's a superb video - sure explains why I love Carp Fly Fishing.

On an interesting side note, my Daughter, a hard core angler has been working on cooking Carp now and then. Her fried Carp sandwich is super table fare. The big secret there is to cut out the obvious dark red streak, soak in a shallow milk bath for a bit and then cook in cooking oil flavored with a good dose of bacon grease. Her breading is a corn meal and flour affair. Her other super recipe is to can the fish minus the biggest bones where the end product tastes between canned Salmon and Tuna and is perfect for a tuna style salad sandwich or fish cakes.

Last edited:
O

okuma

I liked the video. Very entertaining. Some of the other stuff I read...WOW! Gonna leave it at just that