Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Fly Fishing Rivers by Bozeman, minus footage from kitchen sink tumble

Well, John flipped his pontoon going down 'Kitchen Sink' (a crazy stretch below the dam of the Madison). We lost a ton of footage that he had been collecting (camera is now on the bottom of the river), but we had saved some clips from before the trip. He also managed to lose his nice rod, and some other random goods. Kept hold of the anchor some how though. Guess he was tossed around pretty good.

We decided to put together a random video of different rivers by Bozeman with the film we had saved from before the spill.

Can you guess which river is which?

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/50788199"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]
    The fields are endless, but the cows never leave the river side, maybe its the fresh taste of a cold mountain runoff that keeps them close. Or perhaps they just like watching the fly fisherman cast their way down stream (like souls of fishermen past). A young calf looks at his mother, with a sideways curious expression I love the feeling of mud running through my hooves.

http://www.fishalong.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fly Fishing Rivers by Bozeman, minus footage from kitchen sink tumble

I can't name them, but I'd sure go fish them.

Actually the 1st river looked like the Ruby to me, but it's nearer Butte than Bozeman, I think...

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Fly Fishing Rivers by Bozeman, minus footage from kitchen sink tumble

Bad news (!!!!!) on the first, but the clips were a treat to watch.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that John lost his fly rod and camera! Enjoyed the fishing clips, I have no clue on the rivers as I haven't fished there. Thanks for sharing.
    Larry

Blog Entries

I like the way you just let em go without handling a lot. Nice clips.

As for rafting through crazy water I've had many chances to do that and always go to shore. Either I portage by dragging the raft or I just walk it along the shore line. When I float I use a 13' OutCast and it's pretty stable but reading your post will keep me careful.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

#3=Gallatin.