Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

  1. #1

    Default Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

    so its official, i just ordered my 2nd rod
    its a Redington CT 3wt 7'6" 4pc
    $65 with shipping it ended up being like $73

    i ordered it on theclymb.com
    they have 2wt through 5 wt in bunch of different sizes, and bunch of other rods and reels as well.
    so if you wanted a good deal now's the time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    quiet corner, ct
    Posts
    8,502

    Default Re: Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

    I was looking at theclymb email this morning.... I usually just delete it
    They had a float tube for 10 bucks (sold out).
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

  3. #3

    Default Re: Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

    yea seems like they combined all the gear from few Fly Fish vendors that they deal with and put it all up in one section. some good stuff there.

    now i just have to find that thread "how many rods do you own" or something like that.
    i need to update my status to 2 rods

  4. Default Re: Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

    Quote Originally Posted by romanl View Post
    so its official, i just ordered my 2nd rod
    its a Redington CT 3wt 7'6" 4pc
    $65 with shipping it ended up being like $73

    i ordered it on theclymb.com
    they have 2wt through 5 wt in bunch of different sizes, and bunch of other rods and reels as well.
    so if you wanted a good deal now's the time.
    I have that same rod. Amazing deal on a great rod.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Posts
    862

    Default Re: Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

    Fooey theclymb doesn't ship to Canada.
    "Whale oil beef hooked !"- Traditional east coast fishermen saying

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

    Quote Originally Posted by 44runner View Post
    I have that same rod. Amazing deal on a great rod.
    glad to hear this, thanks
    i was looking at 8'6"
    but decided being its a 3wt and i mainly want it for small creeks around SoCal that have lots of trees / brush around, i decided on 7'6"

    i did try my friends Ross Essence FS 3wt this weekend and i really liked .
    action felt medium and rod felt like it bent more then half way through the rod, so while it felt soft somehow it cast a line extremely well and very accurate w/ very little effort, i was very impressed by it.
    any idea if this CT rod is similar to Ross?

    ---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
    Fooey theclymb doesn't ship to Canada.
    thats a bummer, i've never used one nor do i know how much it costs, but there are Mail forwarding services you can probably use, but i dont know how cost effective it is.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

    thanks for the info. Just order an 8'6 4wt CT. 75 bucks shipped. what an awesome deal.

  8. Default Re: Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

    Quote Originally Posted by romanl View Post
    glad to hear this, thanks
    i was looking at 8'6"
    but decided being its a 3wt and i mainly want it for small creeks around SoCal that have lots of trees / brush around, i decided on 7'6"

    i did try my friends Ross Essence FS 3wt this weekend and i really liked .
    action felt medium and rod felt like it bent more then half way through the rod, so while it felt soft somehow it cast a line extremely well and very accurate w/ very little effort, i was very impressed by it.
    any idea if this CT rod is similar to Ross?

    ---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------



    thats a bummer, i've never used one nor do i know how much it costs, but there are Mail forwarding services you can probably use, but i dont know how cost effective it is.

    That sounds very much like the CT. You will love it, I know I do.

Similar Threads

  1. Ordered a 2wt today
    By fly_guy12955 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 07:35 AM
  2. Just Ordered My Pontoon
    By osok in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 07:17 PM
  3. Ordered my son a new outfit
    By wabi in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 05:59 PM
  4. Just ordered!
    By vsyogi in forum Fly Rods
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 01:53 PM
  5. I ordered my blank -
    By Ken6645 in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 07:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •