Fly Rod sale, i just ordered my 2nd one :)

romanl

Reaction score
so its official, i just ordered my 2nd rod
its a Redington CT 3wt 7'6" 4pc
$65 with shipping it ended up being like $73 :shocking:

i ordered it on theclymb.com
they have 2wt through 5 wt in bunch of different sizes, and bunch of other rods and reels as well.
so if you wanted a good deal now's the time.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I was looking at theclymb email this morning.... I usually just delete it ;)
They had a float tube for 10 bucks (sold out).

romanl

Reaction score
yea seems like they combined all the gear from few Fly Fish vendors that they deal with and put it all up in one section. some good stuff there.

now i just have to find that thread "how many rods do you own" or something like that.
i need to update my status to 2 rods :icon_smil

44runner

Reaction score
so its official, i just ordered my 2nd rod
its a Redington CT 3wt 7'6" 4pc
$65 with shipping it ended up being like $73 :shocking:

i ordered it on theclymb.com
they have 2wt through 5 wt in bunch of different sizes, and bunch of other rods and reels as well.
so if you wanted a good deal now's the time.
I have that same rod. Amazing deal on a great rod.

romanl

Reaction score
I have that same rod. Amazing deal on a great rod.
glad to hear this, thanks
i was looking at 8'6"
but decided being its a 3wt and i mainly want it for small creeks around SoCal that have lots of trees / brush around, i decided on 7'6"

i did try my friends Ross Essence FS 3wt this weekend and i really liked .
action felt medium and rod felt like it bent more then half way through the rod, so while it felt soft somehow it cast a line extremely well and very accurate w/ very little effort, i was very impressed by it.
any idea if this CT rod is similar to Ross?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Fooey:( theclymb doesn't ship to Canada.:doh:
thats a bummer, i've never used one nor do i know how much it costs, but there are Mail forwarding services you can probably use, but i dont know how cost effective it is.

iluv2fish

Reaction score
thanks for the info. Just order an 8'6 4wt CT. 75 bucks shipped. what an awesome deal.

44runner

Reaction score
glad to hear this, thanks
i was looking at 8'6"
but decided being its a 3wt and i mainly want it for small creeks around SoCal that have lots of trees / brush around, i decided on 7'6"

i did try my friends Ross Essence FS 3wt this weekend and i really liked .
action felt medium and rod felt like it bent more then half way through the rod, so while it felt soft somehow it cast a line extremely well and very accurate w/ very little effort, i was very impressed by it.
any idea if this CT rod is similar to Ross?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

thats a bummer, i've never used one nor do i know how much it costs, but there are Mail forwarding services you can probably use, but i dont know how cost effective it is.

That sounds very much like the CT. You will love it, I know I do.