Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What discourages you on the water?

1. Default Re: What discourages you on the water?

Quote Originally Posted by redncwings View Post
    I never thought of it that way....again, inexperienced just started this past summer....so this forum should be very good for me. Thanks again
    Water temp is a good reference for fish activity and you will notice that thermal pockets and transitions in both still and moving water can lead you fish. Good luck with your project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mike

Default Re: What discourages you on the water?

On the water temp line of thinking, how about a wading staff that had the temperature sensor on the bottom but a digital display on/near the top? You'd have to design it so that the sensor was protected from abuse/damage though. (I'd also make the display large enough for aging eyes)

I think one could sell well at $70 or so.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

3. Default Re: What discourages you on the water?

already too many gadgets and gizmos out there.
    Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, Simplify...

Thoreau

4. Default Re: What discourages you on the water?

I got so much stuff on me now I don't think I could carry anything else. I got a pole,waders, vest, hydration pack, and hat. maybe a fly fishing vest that has a built in hydratrion pack on the back. almost like a chest pack with a 1.5 liter camelbak on the back.that would be sweet.do they got those already? if so they are prolly like 50 or 100 bux! if so make it for the budget fly fishermen! charge 30 bux or so! make it in camo!
    "Hey, you.Get your damn hands off my herl !!!!"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

Hey Zero,
    I use a plastic film container(35mm) with a hole drilled in the end for my indicator yarn, fill it with yarn pull the end thrue the hole and snap the lid on and viola your good to go.

Hi Redncwings,
    As for new ideas, wow there are so many things out there, I once thought about putting Mosquito repellant on a baby wipe type of sheet, and then 2 years later someone came out with something similar.

Good luck, I hope we can help you.

P.S. Don't get Mosquito repellant on your fly line!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMcFly View Post
    I got so much stuff on me now I don't think I could carry anything else. I got a pole,waders, vest, hydration pack, and hat. maybe a fly fishing vest that has a built in hydratrion pack on the back. almost like a chest pack with a 1.5 liter camelbak on the back.that would be sweet.do they got those already? if so they are prolly like 50 or 100 bux! if so make it for the budget fly fishermen! charge 30 bux or so! make it in camo!

Yup, already been done, look up some of "Fish Ponds" vest, purty nice stuff.

7. Default Re: What discourages you on the water?

I got so much stuff on me now I don't think I could carry anything else.

Amen George. I'm constantly trying to find ways to reduce the number of things I carry on the stream.

But I can find room for a film canister. Good idea on the dispenser Fyshstykr

BTW, the Fishpond tech vest I'm wearing in the pic below has a built in insulated bladder system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mike

8. Default Re: What discourages you on the water?

There ya go get me a camera i can use with no worries of droping my cell phone in the water. small and waterproof is good
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life:
    SO GO FISHING

9. Default Re: What discourages you on the water?

Quote Originally Posted by larrysmith9865 View Post
    There ya go get me a camera i can use with no worries of droping my cell phone in the water. small and waterproof is good
    Pentax Optio series and Olympus SW770 seem to be two popular choices. There was a good discussion on this topic a couple of weeks ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mike

Hi to all,

Here is one idea we were talking about on another post. Something to put on the guides to keep them from icing but won't hurt the fly line.

Frank

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast