A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please realize that the forum doesn't allow uploading photos from a personal computer directly to a post. You will need to use a third party photo hosting site or the photo gallery here on the forum. In either case you will upload to those locations, then link to a post. You may use either of these links to find detailed instructions for posting your photos to the threads here.

Photo Bucket no longer a viable option!

Load From Your Gallery; http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-procedures-faq/3249-how-do-i-post-picture-nafff.html

For other useful 'Facts' about forum procedures and answers to the most common questions from members check the FAQ forum. To find your way to this sub forum, simply click on the word 'Forums' on the menu bar found at the top of every thread. After the various forums have loaded to your screen, scroll down to find the FAQ section and to get an overview of all of our sub forums,

Ard

Last edited:

al_a

Reaction score
Is there ever going to be a change to make posting photos as easy as they are on every other fishing site I frequent? In other words, being able to browse your computer directly and insert into a post?? I seldom have the time nor the inclination to go through the cumbersome process of posting photos, and I'm sure a lot of other members are discouraged from posting them. What is the benefit to the site of having it set up this way?

flytie09

Reaction score
I agree it's a chore for sure. It's 2017.... there's gotta be a faster, more secure way. If not.... I'll shut up and take 30 minutes to make my post.??

ft09

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
We used to have the post from your desktop option but went to either having to use your Gallery (which is not something I do) but your Gallery has limited content ability. If you use the gallery method it works however, if you remove a picture from gallery to create room for new images the image on the thread is deleted because the host image has been removed.

I use Photo Bucket and it is actually easy enough that I continue using it. Yes you must upload to the 'Bucket' but once there you just copy the image url and paste it into the post wherever you want them like this.......

BTW, I got a couple nice steelhead on that fly last fall :) In Photo Bucket I keep all my albums 'Private' and have set up various folders so I can find things easily there.

We stopped the desktop loading because of virus risks. If someone were allowed to join and load whatever they had on the desktop there is no way for our software to scan the images. There may one day be a change to this but I don't know of it if it is coming.

Ard

JoJer

Reaction score
I used to use Photobucket, but it's become slow and loaded with ads.
Now I use Imgur. It's cut my posting time to 20 minutes. ;)

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I realize this will sound like ostentatious spending but I actually pay for an upgraded account with Photo Bucket. It is 9.99 annually and there are no ads at all. With the upgraded account I can load 20 pictures from my desktop into an album in roughly 20 seconds and posting happens as fast as I can open the PB window.

I paid the big bucks because I didn't have time to fiddle around with the free programs and I've tried a few, flicker and another who's name I forget.

dean_mt

Reaction score
This is a test. Uploading from Google Photo has been an issue in the past, though with a lot of help from some users here, we figured it out. Basically Dustin (onemississippi) figured it out. But I'm trying a simpler route to see if this image sticks around.

Big dog, or small wolf?

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Every thread can be a test thread if you chose "Go Advanced" when you are creating the thread. You can also make the Go Advanced choice after the thread is created, either way you will have the opportunity to preview the thread to be sure your images are showing.

I recommend the use of photobucket or some other image hosting site because our galleries here only hold so many images. If you remove images from your gallery to make room for new ones, the images will disappear from any threads you put them in. This can be a distraction............. Just sayen,

Ard

teledan

Reaction score
With the recent changes to Photobucket I have decided to try and find another hosting service. I am looking for something that I can use on a PC or on my iPhone. Flickr doesn't seem to have an easy way to get an image URL for embedding into a forum post, same with Google Photos. Anyone have any other suggestions?

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
To post from Flickr go to the bottom right corner of the photo box and there are 4 symbols.
The second symbol is an arrow curving to the right.If you rest your mouse on it ,it says share photo.
Click on this arrow and you will see this box:

Click on the BB Code as shown and copy the code to post directly into the forum post or
click on the HTML and use that code to post in the "insert image" box at the top of the reply box to post image.

teledan

Reaction score
Right, but that only works from the full desktop site. I can't find any easy way to get the BBCode from within their iOS app or their mobile site on my iPhone. Maybe I am just missing it?

hardestycattle

Reaction score
Hey I'm a new to the form and I really love flyfishing! I figured that a forum about photos would be a good place to post this because I have a outdoor YouTube channel and have some videos about flyfishing that might be interesting to you guys! Thanks! Let me know what you think

Last edited by a moderator:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
In general terms we are not a place that acts as a launch pad for other websites or You Tube channels. Members who have been around long enough to be rated 'Seinor Members' are welcomed to share their videos but a new member on a first post is not given the same privilege.

Ard