Casting for recovery

wovenstonefly

Reaction score
Hey All,

I thought you guys might be interested in this, it has been over a year in the making and all proceeds go to a great cause, Casting for Recovery. I was able to help with there weekend retreat this year and I think it's a great organization and it helps the ladies involved.

The framed flies and paintings are currently being auctioned at https://m.biddingforgood.com/auction...tems/183480018

In addition to the flies, and original art work, the auction includes a Custom build Meiser Highlander Classic S2H13068C-4

Edit: apparently I'm not smart enough to post the picture from my phone. I will post it tonight unless someone wants to help me out

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info...some members here help CFR including Mr & Mrs Fysh:)that's a good cause indeed....been thinking about doing something for CFR for a while...

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
I have been looking for a charity to send a couple of spool holders to and I think this post just helped me find out where to send them. Thanks wovenstonefly!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Can you repost up the link to the Auction? Get zip.

As for CFR I've been a strong supporter since the early 2000's. As 'black' as it may sound they're also mentioned in my Will to get all my fishing gear/fly tie gear. Better them than Goodwill or a garage sale!

Actually carry the 'business card' of the Gal whose the head of the group in our local area. 'Something happens' I want to be able to get a hold of Cathy and let her have a field day.:shocking:

Pocono

Reaction score
Really nice job on tying up those ASF, wovenstonefly.

A great cause and a great contribution to it.

Pocono

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
LORDIE!

Beyond my 'budget,' but wish is wasn't.

Drop dead "Off the top" beautiful.
:worthy::worthy:
+1 for what Fred said! Gorgeous piece of work for sure, but way beyond my budget!

Wovenstonefly: My hat is off to you for donating something of that value to such a great cause! Congrats!

Larry

wovenstonefly

Reaction score
I really only had a small part to do with it. There were 8 of us that tied fly's for it. one fly from each. location of the tiers went from here in the states all the way to Australia. The fly I tied is in the bottom left, It looks or at least looked originally like this up close

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I really only had a small part to do with it. There were 8 of us that tied fly's for it. one fly from each. location of the tiers went from here in the states all the way to Australia. The fly I tied is in the bottom left, It looks or at least looked originally like this up close
Wow, that is incredible, no wonder the price on that piece has sky rocketed like it has. At any rate you guys sure put together a beautiful piece and should be proud to have donated it to Casting for Recovery. Sure wish I had the funds to bid.

Larry

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Allen (Wovenstonefly) also donated a framed set of beautiful Salmon/Steelhead flies to our local Utah CFR Auction and fundraiser aka "Fishtales & Ales".

These flies now reside in my book case and will be proudly displayed for some time to come.:)

Last edited:

fyshstykr

Reaction score
It took some work and it was nip and tuck during the silent auction, but they came home with me!:)