Ari 't Hart Fly Reels

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Roger and I am president of Exclusive Reels. We are the worldwide distributor for Ari 't Hart reels and would like your feedback. Please visit the website at exclusivereels.com and post any comments you have. The reels by nature are very pricey as they are produced in very limited numbers.

Thank you in advance,

Roger

BigCliff

Reaction score
Welcome to the group! Ari makes some gorgeous winches, but I'm fairly sure they're permanently out of my price range.

Is the Triliogy actually machined from solid Ti stock?

Reaction score
Hi Cliff,

The spools are madeout of airframe aluminum and weigh nothing. The backplate is titanium. Thanks for the support.

fatguide

Reaction score
Sorry, this might make me sound like a jerk but I don't feel this is the proper place for someone to hock their wares.

steely

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Roger and I am president of Exclusive Reels. We are the worldwide distributor for Ari 't Hart reels and would like your feedback. Please visit the website at exclusivereels.com and post any comments you have. The reels by nature are very pricey as they are produced in very limited numbers.

Thank you in advance,

Roger
AWESOME!! Now I can advertise the hell out of my awesome meat product. I am a representive for the hormel corporation, and let me tell you about the best product ever!! Just go to our website at What is SPAM®? | SPAM.com and find out!!

http://www.spamgift.com/ProductList.aspx?Category={505D2888-EF00-4C99-BDFE-4AACCF5CE0E6}

steely

Reaction score
The best meat ever!!!

Sorry, this might make me sound like a jerk but I don't feel this is the proper place for someone to hock their wares.
No, this is the perfect place!! Send me a PM and I will be happy to have a small toothpick sample of our finest meat sent to you!

Steely- Proud rep for the Hormel Corporation

Reaction score
I see I have offended many of you and the sarcasm runs thick. The way I see it, I thought it would be an interesting resource for me to personally to get feedback from outsiders other than our clients of which I already know their opinion. They would not have bought it otherwise. We advertise in many publications worldwide and this was not a cheap way to grab some attention but a genuine way to be able to get some personal feedback. I apologise for the intrusion.

The last time I checked, having a conversation with the bosses at Hardy or Orvis or any company is not an easy thing. I opened myself up for critisism as that is what will make our company better in the long term.

My apologies!

Roger

steely

Reaction score
I opened myself up for critisism as that is what will make our company better in the long term.

Roger
No, every single small company that no one has heard of would love to go on all the boards and say, hey guys, what do you think of our product, check it out at Hormel Foods > Home (make sure to buy a lot, maybe I can buy a ari hart!). You think you did nothing wrong? Go register at speypages.com, and post the same message in tackle, then come back here and tell us the results.

The *damage* you are doing is to the reputation to Ari hart fly reels. In 3 years I have not seen such a flagrant spammer. You should call up all the sales reps for Sage and ask them to be a sales rep, and hope they can dig you out of the hole you are getting yourself into

And you really think we are gullible enough to think that Hardy or Orvis buys your reels? If you want feedback, spend the 12 hours a day travelling to shops to get the feedback like everyone else. I will be waiting for your post on speypages.com

BigCliff

Reaction score
Calm down folks

I interpreted his initial post as having elements of both of a "simple intro with a here's my involvement in the fly tackle industry, feel free to ask me questions about it" and a "free plug for a company without buying an ad".

Doing the latter once, while being a bit sneakily opportunistic, is not call for the condemnation the post recieved. I also think his apology was sufficient and I hope the acrimony and personal attacks are over. If members of the board have an issue with the nature of another member's posts, let the admins know, and we'll take care of it.

Steely, if you want to post something in the "Lodge Den" section about "here's all the great ways to use Spam, etc while out camping.... and by the way I work for the manufacturer", knock yourself out.

Its not like the guy is an Apple rep plugging the iPhone. This is a Fly Fishing board after all.

I'm just trying to keep things as civil as possible.

fatguide

Reaction score
BigCliff;

I most strongly disagree. If every flyfishing manufacturer/sales rep posted their wares here, this forum wouldn't have space for the members to interact.

It definitely would not be the forum for me.

jimw

Reaction score
I checked out your website and it pretty much sucks there is no info about the products. I guess you will just have to send me a reel in each size and i will try them out and give you some honest feed back. It would be hard to buy 1 without more info. I am very found of Ross Reels they are of classic design very functional and durable, your reel look to futuristic for my taste but without trying one i can't really knock them.
Jim

Kai

Reaction score
I see I have offended many of you and the sarcasm runs thick. The way I see it, I thought it would be an interesting resource for me to personally to get feedback from outsiders other than our clients of which I already know their opinion. They would not have bought it otherwise. We advertise in many publications worldwide and this was not a cheap way to grab some attention but a genuine way to be able to get some personal feedback. I apologise for the intrusion.

The last time I checked, having a conversation with the bosses at Hardy or Orvis or any company is not an easy thing. I opened myself up for critisism as that is what will make our company better in the long term.

My apologies!

Roger
Honestly, they are some ugly reels. My idea of a nice reel is one that is simple, with clean lines. These reels don't fit that criteria.

I would not buy one even if they were less expensive than a low end Ross.

Reaction score
Jim and Kai,

Thank you for your honest opinion. I have already learned we need to get a better gallery and have more product info available. As far as the overall look, I respect it is not for everybody.

Thank you kindly.

Roger

jimw

Reaction score
Hey Roger
How does the mounting system on the astrid work? can the reel slide forward or aft for better balance? That is very different. I am not looking to bash your products or you I am old and set in my ways and like a clasic style reels.
jim

fatguide

Reaction score
I guess as a member, I felt a certain amount of "ownership" towards this forum. I thought it was all about "us", the group as a whole.

While Exclusive Reels did not try to sell anything I guess his post didn't break the rules.

Every other site I have seen with Exclusive Reels same post on them has either deleted it or locked it.

I am in sales myself and have to actually commend ER for figureing how to circumvent the rules without tecnicly breaking them. Hat's off.

LLL

Reaction score
I must say I really like the reels although the cost would be prohibitive for me. Even if I could afford it I think I would be scared stiff of using it on the river as it seems to border more on art and something to be admired than used. However if money were no object then I would look at getting one. As for the website it would be great if the price could be listed - or did I miss this?

BigCliff

Reaction score
fatguide, Point taken.

No harm pointing out the rules, just keep it about the rules.

I do appreciate the help, as we're quickly climbing to more post volume than I can police real thoroughly.

trout champ

Reaction score
Well, this is the first time I have heard of or seen Ari reels.

I don't think the reels are ugly, but I do prefer Ross and Lamson designs to these. The Astrid just looks weird and almost non functional. And of course the price is just outta my reach.

If I saw these in a local fly shop, I would think they're for show only and probably wouldn't give them a second look.

Sorry...
Randy