Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11

Default One Of The Luckiest?

When I heard this line from my gf...

"When I'm done with school.. I want to do the traveling nurse thing.. And we can travel all over the US and I can be a nurse and you can be my fishing bum"

Default Re: One Of The Luckiest?

Right on! I'm pretty lucky in the GF department too, she shops while I fish so neither of us can complain!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post

My gf doesn't fish either.. she has.. but I could tell it was just "to please me" which in the end.. just made me go "ok i won't take you fishing with me anymore".. which made me happier.. But we both have our equal vices.. She's a knitter.. constantly buying yarn and other knitting supplies she "needs".. while I'm a fly fisherman.. constantly buying things i "need".. we have a ying and yang to financial destruction

5. Likes mcnerney, fredaevans liked this post
    turbineblade Guest

My wife bow hunts and usually gets 1 doe for our deep freezer every Fall.

Oh, and she also fly fishes with me nearly 100% of the time and actually casts a little better than I do. She is a country girl and is very, very close to her Dad and brothers -- all of whom hunt and fish.

"Can't complain" is an understatement -- I couldn't get a ring on her finger fast enough

7. Likes itchmesir, mcnerney, fredaevans liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
    She's a knitter.. constantly buying yarn and other knitting supplies
    OK weird! Mine too so I always have enough wool yarn, and she doesn't skip so its the good stuff. I just can't get caught with the ball I "borrowed" from her.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

9. Likes itchmesir liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    OK weird! Mine too so I always have enough wool yarn, and she doesn't skip so its the good stuff. I just can't get caught with the ball I "borrowed" from her.
    She's the same way.. Don't get me wrong.. There's a time and place for the cheaper yarn.. Like the comforter she's currently knitting.. which even then is going to be a comforter with roughly $200-300 in "cheap yarn"...

Gotta also love never having to buy another winter hat or gloves ... She made me an amazing pair of felted wool fingerless gloves and a matching hat last year just in time for winter c&r... kept me plenty warm all winter long.. sometimes too warm.. Then I just put on one of the many other hats she made me...

yup.. that's a fish hat

11. Likes double dry, fly_guy12955, wt bash liked this post

My GF sleeps until noon on Saturdays. I can be out and back again by the time she gets up. Works great for me. I feel pretty lucky.

13. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
    My GF sleeps until noon on Saturdays. I can be out and back again by the time she gets up. Works great for me. I feel pretty lucky.
    LOL Now that is funny.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~