Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Is it worth fishing if it is raining?

Sometimes the runoff from a good shower of rain will turn the water cloudy around here. This is when I usually have my best days as far as size and numbers. I have literally caught trout at my feet, while using nymphs in my local waters. I hope you have good luck today!!
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

I say yes, yes, yes to the rainy day adventure.

[ame="http://youtu.be/78mtN6E0qdY"]http://youtu.be/78mtN6E0qdY[/ame]

You never know what the weather will do between the time you get into your car as you leave and when you get out of your car as you return. Chances are there would be a break somewhere in there anyway. And as many have said their fishing actually improved. If you think like a fish then rain is a good thing.
    "Whale oil beef hooked !"- Traditional east coast fishermen saying

3. Likes williamhj liked this post

I hate having to work in the rain, but some how, fishing or hunting in it was never at issue. Like others, I've had some very good times fishing in the rain!

Diver Dan, you have a way with words!
    Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!

5. Likes Guest1 liked this post

Having spent most of my adult years in Portland, OR; I didnt think there was anything you couldn't do in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by leithel View Post
    Having spent most of my adult years in Portland, OR; I didnt think there was anything you couldn't do in the rain.
    I know, It's like sayin' "I can't fly fish today, the wind is blowing too hard"

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart

8. Likes Guest1, noreaster, wabi, bigjim5589, thorsten liked this post

During summer in Wisconsin we have times of brief thunder storms. These brief gully washers wash beetles off of the overhanging trees and bank vegetation into the rivers.

Look for rising trout under or downstream of the trees. Put on a beetle pattern.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Blog Entries

I love fishing in the rain. I figure my legs are likely going to be wet, and the fish are already wet, and my flies, line, rod and reel will probably be wet anyway, and I own a good wading jacket... as long as my socks stay dry, I'm happy. I hate wet socks
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Some of my favorite fishing memories are as a teen fishing interconnected lakes and canals in South Florida. A package of plastic worms and hooks/sinkers in my back pocket and a day spent getting soaked to the bone catching tons of fish. Yeah....Its definitely worth fishing in the rain.

12. Default Re: Is it worth fishing if it is raining?

If you don't go you won't know if the fishing was good or not. Sometimes it's what you see rather than what you catch that makes it worth it! Have seen bait fish jump onto the shore to escape big bass, kingfisher feeding, moose swim across a river , a falcon take a songbird, otters, mink, etc, etc, all in the rain! Of course, sometimes all I've seen is rain!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234