Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need guidance

1. Default Re: Need guidance

jpbfly, sir, i will need to wait for a couple of weeks to get hooks. Do you think that i can't use other hooks? Chub is a fish i am looking for but obviously there isn't any , around my city. I will keep looking for though. I know Chub is a popular fly fishing target .

Liphookedau, i have been seeing people warning saltwater fishers to be very careful. Does fly fishing equipment require extra care or all kind of fishing rods, reels should be cleaned after saltwater fishing? I know the second one is true but here in fly fishing forum people always say that. So maybe i am thinking that fly fishing equipments are extra sensitive.

Guys i still need clearances to my previous post. TY

Default Re: Need guidance

Fatih,we dont have rudd or bream in our waters at all.Montenegro is small country but high ground,average is about 1000 meters from sea level,so in short,everywhere we have trout and relatives of that fish like huchen,grayling and in adriatic rivers we have marble trout and softmouth trout.
    In some rivers we do have chub and it is easy target to fish
    But,I know one guy from Serbia that is expert in fishing all fresh water species and I know for sure that he successfully fish rudd ,bream and carp on fly rod and flies.But I think if I remember correctly he gets them in ponds and small lakes,not rivers.

3. Default Re: Need guidance

You are so damn lucky Madjoni. We don't have any trouts around... Do you have the contact info for that guy? I know that you think i would drive him crazy with my stupid questions but i promise you that i won't be too hard on him . By the way Madjoni what do you say about the use of normal hooks for flies?

Here you go Ivan Randjelovic | Facebook

Some hooks ,normal as you say ,can be used.I use them for streamers mostly

5. Default Re: Need guidance

Madjoni look what i've found "In the FIPS MOUCHE Youth World Championships this year in France, Rudd was one of the target species on one session on the lake, along with perch, roach and pike." . This is a quote from a website. I am very suprised with that because i never thought rudd was a good fish for fly. I just wanted to give a chance and now i believe i can do it .

And i found a similar writings about breams too. Wow, i am so lucky. Freshwaters are full of these fishes here.

Thank you very much for contact info.

By the way, i realized that you are from Montenegro. Very close to my country. You remember you almost made an invitation for me to come your country. I will think about that . Thanks man.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by querorz View Post
    what do you say about the use of normal hooks for flies?
    I use Aberdeen hooks for flies. This is a clouser tied on one. Clousers will catch many species of fish.

7. Likes madjoni, mcnerney, itchmesir liked this post
  8. Default Re: Need guidance

Dan thank you man. I bought one of this fly today from a store.

Guys, i bought all my gear. I am going to try some casting and fishing tomorrow for mullet and coarse fishes.

I have got 1 question:

My reel doesn't spool the fly line homogenously. Does it make sense? I am spooling the line with my hand but i guess all line is being spooled in 1 place. I hope it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by querorz View Post
    My reel doesn't spool the fly line homogenously. Does it make sense? I am spooling the line with my hand but i guess all line is being spooled in 1 place. I hope it makes sense.
    As you reel in, you need to guide the line from side to side with the little finger of your rod hand
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

10. Default Re: Need guidance

Thank you Rip . I got my answer.

Just curiosity... Is there a specific reason on that why we have to guide it but it doesn't guide itself?

Simplicity.. a fly reel is just meant to hold fly line.. more often than not it is not used to fight fish.. though there are fish that will definitely put your reel to the test if you hook into them.. like carp, bonefish, salmon, and tarpon just to name a few.. it also comes down to "why fix what's not broken" it's style has been used for centuries.. with little innovation aside from adding disc and conical drag systems..

On another note.. a simple google search of "Mediterranean Fly Fishing" turned up a ton of information..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234