The Fly Fishing Show - Denver

chased

Reaction score
Recently heard about "The Fly Fishing Show" in Denver coming up in early January. I have never been to such a show, but hope to change that here very soon! It sounds like lots of fun. Is anyone else planning on going?

-Chase

nickj

Reaction score
I'll be going. There are lots of things to do there. I have the flyer somewhere in the house, you can also find the info on their website.. google.. I always find some unique artwork there.

williamhj

Reaction score
I'll plan to be there. Not sure how much time I'll get to spend, but I'm glad the Sportsman's expo and fly fishing show are different weekends this year. It was hard to find time to go to both last year.

brucerducer

Reaction score
Fly Fishing Show Denver, CO

(or, in plain English):

Welcome to
Denver, CO

Denver Merchandise Mart

January 4, 5, 6 2013

Show Hours: Fri 10 - 6; Sat 9 - 5:30; Sun 9 - 4:30

Admission: Adult: $15 for one day,
$25 for two-day pass,
$35 for three-day pass;
Children under 5 free, under 12: $2
Scouts under 16 in uniform: free
Active Military: $10
Cash only at the gate

Regardless of the weather, the show will go on!

Announcements:
The Federation of Fly Fishers is pleased to offer FREE fly fishing instruction at the FFF Learning Center located at the FFF booth. Basic fly casting- fly tying- knot tying will be taught throughout the day-every day of the Fly Fishing Show.

Back again: The International Fly Fishing Film Festival. One night only, Friday, January 4 at 6:30. Tickets are $15 at the door or $10 in advance or with a paid Fly Fishing Show admission for that day. See Fly Fishing Show for more details.

===================================================================

The SPORTSMAN's EXPO @ http://www.sportsexpos.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewlocation&locationnumber=3

(or in plain English):

Colorado Convention Center
700 14th Street
Denver, CO 80202

Parking: FREE Parking & Shuttles at Coors Field. Ride light rail to the Convention Center station.

Denver

Jan. 17-20, 2013
(Thursday to Sunday)

HOURS:

Thursday

Noon to 9:00 pm

Friday

Noon to 9:00 pm

Saturday

10:00 am to 8:00 pm

Sunday

10:00 am to 5:00 pm

TICKETS

$15.00 Adult

FREE - Youth and Children under 16 years

FREE - Active Military with military ID card

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I missed last years show, if the wx cooperates I plan on going, but it is a long drive for me, so I will be looking at the wx forecast pretty hard.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I find our Eastern equivalent show at Somerset a must attend event. Yes there are fly tying materials galore from countless vendors so you can pick out precisely what you like, all the fly tiers themselves, presenters on diverse subjects and industry professionals from most major and many minor tackle companies. No fly shop can offer the opportunity to test cast so many different rods, spin the handles on so many reels and ask questions of the factory reps that shop clerks might not know the inside scoop on. And then there is the opportunity to see friends from different parts of the country that you only see when fishing at their destination where it not for the show. Sometimes I learn more at the bar after the show closes than among the isles of booths.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
We have a very scaled down version of this here in Southern Oregon (all out door sports actually) with 'big one's' in Portland and Bend. One thing I've learned is bring money, lots and lots of money for the 'gotta have's.' Love the ticket pricing; who ever thought that up deserves a Medal.

Fred

chased

Reaction score
I really hope I can go, it depends on the weather and work schedule. It's only 200 miles for me, so not too bad. Look forward to meeting some people if I do end up going...

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
Last year was my first year attending as well as having a booth. Great show. Lots of great people to BS aboout fishing with. I am looking forward to seeing / talking with many of our CO loyal customers. See you at show...

comeonavs

Reaction score
I went last year and it was cool to see all the gear and drool over things. I didn't necessarily find any screaming deals, but then again I went on day 1. I will be going the last day in search of deals. I was shopping for Sage TXL, Ross Evolution type of gear. Had I been looking for non super high end stuff I would have had better luck.

I did get some SA GPX line for my 6wt and they threw in a SA fly box ($25)
I also got a $25 off of purchase of over $100 to Kirks in Estes which saved me on my Simms rip raps I bought later on. Had to be used in store