My father inlaws work

baseman1

Reaction score
My father inlaw (Charles Clark) recently finished this 8ft long masterpiece. A friend of his had passed away from cancer and had asked him to finish this for him and present it to his wife. They are Atlantic Salmon in the original authors favorite run.

He will be making smaller versions of this and other fish related carvings for sale. This is all from one piece of wood.

jaybo41

Reaction score
Wow, that's a beautiful piece of art. You're right on, that's a masterpiece. Great photos too, I love the fins broken through the water in the second shot. Your Father In Law should be proud, I'm sure his friend would be.

brucerducer

Reaction score

Baseman1, those are beautiful beyond all description.

In Dollar value, owing to its uniqueness, I would estimate a value well in excess of at least $35,000 if not indeed, double that.

Keep it in your family.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Bruce has it right, thats beyond description how amazing that is. Anyone should and would be proud to have that in their home.

baseman1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. We don't own the piece, it was a gift for a lost fisherman's wife to remember him by. I would love to have one but am blessed enough to have his daughter (who is just as talented when it comes to art) and a painting he gave us for our anniversary.