Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Waders Question

1. Default New Waders Question

Hey Everyone,

I am a long time lurker here. I have been using a spinning rod for trout fishing, but am just starting to get into fly fishing. I found my Grandpas 3pc split bamboo Montague fly rod and it got me inspired to learn fly fishing. One different rod of course.

Back to my question. I have a pair of waders for cold water fishing, but wanted a pair of breathable waders. I bought a pair of Caddis boots at a good price and was looking for a pair of stocking foot wader as well. I am looking to stay around $150.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: New Waders Question

Welcome to the forum! I know both Orvis and LL Bean have at least one pair that comes in under your 150, I'm sure others will weight in with some good suggestions. Trolling Cabelas, Bass Pro, Fly Shop Closeouts, and other websites can yield some good sales.

Also keep an eye on this thread as someone else asked a similar question recently.
    - William

3. Likes ted4887 liked this post
    Blog Entries

i just responded to another thread about new waders and i recommended ll bean.
    cant beat the price,quality or unconditional lifetime warranty
    check out the emerger II's.
    Men's Breathable Emerger II Waders, Stocking-Foot: Breathable | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

casey

ARFE

5. Likes mcnerney, imxer liked this post
    Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Here's one on Sierra Trading Post that comes in at less than $150. It's a pretty good deal at 37% off. Allen Co. Madison Breathable Convertible Waders - Stockingfoot (For Men) - Save 37%

Actually you may want to look at some of the other ones. They have a bunch of good deals on there right now.

Yeah I'd check LL Bean out their waders typically have good reviews and the pricing seems great.

8. Default Re: New Waders Question

If i can I always buy my waders on closeout. Does it really matter if you have last years version of waders. Start with MRFC.com flyshopcloseouts.com and sierratradingpost.com. Those are a few places to start. When you start getting into high end waders, the high end keeps getting higher, closeouts help tame the cost a bit.

9. Likes mcnerney, fredaevans liked this post

Hello & Wellcome to this fantastic forum!!

I got my breathable waders from Cabela´s and if I remember well, it has cost around 140$. But do not expect wonders from the "breath effect". All breathable clothes I have do not really work well if it comes to a sweaty situation
    Best regards from Germany,

THORSTEN

11. Likes fredaevans liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by thorsten View Post
    Hello & Wellcome to this fantastic forum!!

I got my breathable waders from Cabela´s and if I remember well, it has cost around 140$. But do not expect wonders from the "breath effect". All breathable clothes I have do not really work well if it comes to a sweaty situation
    Thorsten brings up an excellent point; especially vis a vis the neo-booties. Light layering is 'key.' For the feet: light silk socks, heavier sock if needed AND the SealSkinz (sp?)booties. (Those things are a heck of a lot warmer than they look.)

Your feet sweat, even standing in 40 degree water, and you need to get that way from your skin. The 'layering' above works a treat.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I saw Cabela's has a few models on sale this morning on their website.

14. Default Re: New Waders Question

Thanks for all the replies and advice! I have been keeping an eye out on Cabela's waders since we have a store opening near me in a few months. I was also looking at Gander Mountain and thinking about these waders Caddis Mens Stocking-Foot Deluxe Breathable Waders - Gander Mountain I hope the link works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast