Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  203
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Home State Photography

Ok, here are a few shots showing off Wyoming, they were all taken with a point and shoot camera and I don't have the photography skills that Kory and Brain, but this will have to do.
    This was a float trip on the middle Green river with Davo, Fysh and Cromney from the forum.

Packing into the Wind River Range

Elbow Lake in the Wind River Range

Spring in the Snowy Mtn Range

Snowies

Bighorn River in Wyoming
    Larry

Well Larry, I have never been to Wyoming (or Montana, Idaho, Colorado, etc.) but always figured they are the kind of place I could like very much.

You have confirmed this for me.

3. Likes kwb liked this post

KWB,
    I recognize the location of some of your pictures that you didn't label. Here is a picture I took of the same Island from a slightly different location. I fish this river alot in the summer.

Picture of the Island in the river same as KWB

Just down river last summer there was a canoe wedged in the river, see it in the picture?

Dang Boozer ... to be honest I don't miss SW Michigan very often, but you did it with that set of photos! The St. Joe is such great river, and I do miss the big lake. One summer Sunday morning quite a few years ago my buddy that I grew up with there dropped his canoe in at Berrien Springs and puttered all the way to BH were we pulled over and restocked the cooler at Tackle Haven! Then we decided to go all the way out the channel, by then it was a beautiful summer afternoon and the channel was busy, we motored out onto the lake and cruised up the Silver Beach side. I still remember how perfect that day was, looking at the sand 20' below through the water. Fresh water Caribbean!

Then we had drive all the way back to Berrien Springs to get the other car, yikes.

What's the little trib stream you showed? And does it fish at all?

6. Likes kwb, mcnerney liked this post

This is a great thread! Thought I'd jump in with some of my 'home states'.

There first is where I was born, Chicago suburbs. The cynic in me says this picture describes it

But I'll add this picture of my niece catching her first fish on a pink spinning rod I made her this past summer since I like going back to Chicago to see family.

Next is Michigan where I lived 15 years in the Southeast and West sides of the State.

Huron River in Ann Arbor. Some great small mouth fishing just upstream.

Au Sable near Grayling Caught some trout here my first summer fly fishing.

Next is the Northwoods of Wisconsin and the UP, where I've spent a lot of summers.

Here is a beautiful little fish from a tiny spring creek near the Wisconsin / UP border.

And the moon over the lake in front of my in-law's cabin

And finally, Colorado!

Heading down from a cutthroat lake

September on the Arkansas South of Leadville

Here's Cheeman Canyon, small flies and smart fish. A very beautiful place.

One of my favorite spots for a few hours fishing close to home

Lot's of pictures! Thanks for looking.
    - William

I consider the Rocky Mountain West my home "state," so here's a few.

The lonely Green in Wyoming

Silver Creek, Idaho

Everybody's "tourist" shot of the Snake and Tetons

Silver Creek, again.

Elk Refuge/Flat Creek, Jackson, WY

Quote Originally Posted by klunker View Post
    KWB,
    I recognize the location of some of your pictures that you didn't label. Here is a picture I took of the same Island from a slightly different location. I fish this river alot in the summer.
    Yes indeed it is the same river!

My good buddy Dave has been guiding up there for over 20 years, some of the most scenic smallmouth water I have ever seen and the fishing isn't half bad either

Didn't make it up there last Summer, really miss it!

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Ok, here are a few shots showing off Wyoming, they were all taken with a point and shoot camera and I don't have the photography skills that Kory and Brain, but this will have to do.
    This was a float trip on the middle Green river with Davo, Fysh and Cromney from the forum.
    I would argue your stuff is just as good "if not better" buddy!

While I have a DSLR now, some of my favorite photos I have taken were with a cell phone and/or point and shoot.

The best part about photography is, a good landscape can make a regular guy take good photos, my philosophy is, if you take enough shots, your bound to get lucky every once in a while.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    Dang Boozer ... to be honest I don't miss SW Michigan very often, but you did it with that set of photos! The St. Joe is such great river, and I do miss the big lake. One summer Sunday morning quite a few years ago my buddy that I grew up with there dropped his canoe in at Berrien Springs and puttered all the way to BH were we pulled over and restocked the cooler at Tackle Haven! Then we decided to go all the way out the channel, by then it was a beautiful summer afternoon and the channel was busy, we motored out onto the lake and cruised up the Silver Beach side. I still remember how perfect that day was, looking at the sand 20' below through the water. Fresh water Caribbean!

Then we had drive all the way back to Berrien Springs to get the other car, yikes.

What's the little trib stream you showed? And does it fish at all?
    That is a fun float!

That trib. does have some natural reproduction of migratory Trout & Salmon in it, but no longer really supports any resident Trout in recent shocking surveys. When I was a young kid, we caught Brown Trout in it, but then a bunch of housing developments were built near its headwaters and it became about half the size it once was, sure all those homes lowered the water table just enough.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

WOW! Some GREAT stuff guys! Really enjoyed seeing everyone's photos, keep em coming!!!

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post

8k in Colorado...my family has lived in Co for 5 generations...I moved north for work two years ago...but its still my home...

after the big fire, cheesman canyon came back strong...

N Fork of the south platte...

view out back...pike's peak in the distance...

september aspen...my hunting grounds...

elk creek valley...mid winter...

a creek runs through it...Colorado doesen't get greener than this...our front pasture , and Elk creek...

williams fork...

clear creek county...

the tomahawk...

peace...

home sweet home...elk sheds from the ranch...the stonework was done almost 100 years ago...all from the property...red granite...
    Last edited by silvertip8k; 01-19-2013 at 10:50 AM.

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
    public water 20"er
    public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
    a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
    ...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
    http://wmflyrodco.com/

My local fishing hole 1/2 mile from home

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

down in the local fishin holes

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

My valley from house today

sandfly/ bob
    (www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com)
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing Gillie..

Those first two pics are from June and don't see any other anglers! You are a very lucky man!!!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

14. Likes kwb liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast