Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: new from kansas

1. Default new from kansas

New user, and new to flyfishing. Where i work has a rewards program and this time decided to get a fly rod and reel from them because i have always thought that fly fishing looked so cool when i have seen it on tv. living in kansas and texas not a lot of chance to try it locally, but no in a postion that a little traveling is more affordable and going to give it a shot.

Default Re: new from kansas

Hi pauld3,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for a beginner. Looking cool may be why you started but you will find it is a very good way to catch fish. Looking forward to your post and questions.

Frank

3. Default Re: new from kansas

Howdy pauld3;

Come on in, the water's fine.

What part of Kansas you from? My grandpa was in NW Kansas (Bird City if you ever heard of it) and he is the one who taught me to flyfish. He always had to travel to fish also. The only water around him were seasonal cricks, and stock ponds. The later is where he taught me to cast.

If you have any questions, please ask. As a group we can probably find an answer for you.
    fatguide

fish or DIE

4. Default Re: new from kansas

Im in Liberal Ks sw corner. And I do plan on asking lots of questions, but reading lots of other posts to cut down on asking duplicates if possible.

Paul

Welcome to the group!

Lots of fish besides trouty residents of pretty rivers take flies, so give some of the local creeks and ponds a try, once they've thawed out.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

6. Default Re: new from kansas

welcome to the asylum.
    Let us all share our wisdom with a younger generation. Tight Loops, Tight Lines and Good Fishing to All

Quote Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
    Welcome to the group!

Lots of fish besides trouty residents of pretty rivers take flies, so give some of the local creeks and ponds a try, once they've thawed out.

Pauld3, Welcome to the site.

We can still use the flyrod on those ponds and lakes, all you have to do is get out the ol chainsaw and cut away.