Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: anybody doing any fishing?

if i ice fished, i'd be hittin shabbonna a few times a week. but i have not gone there yet(plan too).
    we are making our trip during the first week of march to the sw end of michigan. gonna hit some tribs of the st. joe.

casey

ARFE

I made it out for an hour this morning but no luck. The river was swollen and running fast. 60* today with thunderstorms and 34* with snow tomorrow. I love the midwest.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs down Re: anybody doing any fishing?

Bad case of 'Cabin Fever' yesterday so tossed a couple of 2handers in the Jeep's rod rack and Yellow Lab in back. Off to the Rogue for a bit of early Winter Run fishing.

Drove up and did an instant 'Ah Ship!' Water flow was a tad on the high side (not enough to keep you from fishing) but the water clarity was a Woozer. Been ages since I've seen that section of the river 'Blown Out.' Visibility was maybe 18 to 24 inches.

With a fly rod (at least the one's I had with me) a total waste of Petrol.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Fished all morning yesterday...one rainbow about 2lb. They just weren't eating anything. But, there are more days to come.

Enjoy the cabin and the fishing, good luck

Not much opportunity to fly fish this time of year in our area, so I also get on the ice to catch fish.
    [/IMG]

Unfortunately, the weather can't seem to decide whether it wants to be Winter or Spring. Yesterday hit 60 degrees and tomorrow we are expected to have a high of 13. So all equipment remains at the ready for whatever nature throws our way. My neighbors must think I'm crazy to see me lawn casting my fly rod in January.

dakota kid, that photo isnt showing for me,

anyone up for some icefishing let me know
    "When the river is high, the fish eat the ants; when the river is low, the ants eat the fish."

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing

Lately the rivers have been floating icebergs. Something about having a nymph rig constantly re-enact the end scene from Titanic is enough to make this guy head back indoors and tie for Spring.

9. Likes il_wi_fishing liked this post

Didn't upload my photo in the last message, so here goes.

you have to use photbucket or imageshack or a hosting site like that
    "When the river is high, the fish eat the ants; when the river is low, the ants eat the fish."

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast