Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Orvis Fly-Tying Month Contest: WIN a Renzetti Traveler and Other Great Prizes

Blog Entries

Default Orvis Fly-Tying Month Contest: WIN a Renzetti Traveler and Other Great Prizes

ORVIS FLY-TYING PHOTO CONTEST

—Submit a photo of your favorite "tied fly," and be entered to win a Grand Prize Renzetti Traveler Vise, as well as the following Runner-Up Prizes: a Whiting Hackle Gauge, Whiting 100s- Preselected Saddle Feathers, and Whiting Woolly Bugger Packs. There will be a total of 10 winners.

—To submit photos, either post to the Orvis Fly Fishing Facebook Page or submit photos via email.
    Orvis Fly-Tying Month Contest: WIN a Renzetti Traveler and Other Great Prizes

—Contest runs from 12:00pm ET 2/8/2013 to 12:00pm ET 2/28/13.

WINNER SELECTION
    —Grand Prize: All entries will be judged by a select panel of Orvis employees who will serve as judges to determine one winner. The judging will be based on the originality and creativity of the entry.
    —Runner-Up Prizes: Winners will be selected in a random drawing.
    Larry

Default Re: Orvis Fly-Tying Month Contest: WIN a Renzetti Traveler and Other Great Prizes

Well, I'd better submit one of my flies. I mean I buy lotto tickets and I figure the odds of me winning this contest are roughly the same as me winning the lotto.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Orvis Fly-Tying Month Contest: WIN a Renzetti Traveler and Other Great Prizes

Quote Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
    Well, I'd better submit one of my flies. I mean I buy lotto tickets and I figure the odds of me winning this contest are roughly the same as me winning the lotto.
    John: Maybe so, but I figured that we have some awesome fly tiers on this forum and seeing how Orvis is a sponsor I thought I would make sure our members knew about the contest. I'm in the same boat as you, I might as well run out and buy some Lotto tickets.
    Larry

Larry, from what I've seen on this forum, I have no doubt a winner can come from here. And I would feel the same about a photography or rod-building contest.
    It's so depressing.