Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: What's your "bread and butter" species?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishstick View Post
    Lately sticks have been my "bread and butter" species. Willow sticks, tree bark, grass and rocks. Caught a nice 22" willow branch last week that put up one heck of a fight........
    Fishstick,

I thought willow branch is out of season now, you might want to check your local regulations........
    Let us all share our wisdom with a younger generation. Tight Loops, Tight Lines and Good Fishing to All

Default Re: What's your "bread and butter" species?

And they say that fishing and vegetarianism can't go together.

I'm afraid sunfish are what I catch more than anything else. They're fun and all, but it kinda feels like boxing against a cripple.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

I wouldn't have expected so many to say trout. Perhaps its my midwest background, but I would not have expected trout to be found close enough to be easily fished by the bulk of us.

4. Default Re: What's your "bread and butter" species?

TROUT all that implies. Rainbow, Browns, Cutt throat, Brookies, and Hybrids.

But, I do like CARP FISHING ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfisher for men View Post
    I wouldn't have expected so many to say trout. Perhaps its my midwest background, but I would not have expected trout to be found close enough to be easily fished by the bulk of us.
    They're not (at least in my case). But nothing beats watching a trout in clear water coming up to hit a dry fly, and besides, even if you're skunked for the day, the scenic settings that usually accompany trout fishing make up for it.
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

6. Default Re: What's your "bread and butter" species?

1.) Largemouth Bass
    2.) Sand Bass (white bass)
    3.) Bluegill

stripers, bluefish, seatrout, flounder, white perch, whiting, largemouth, crappie, bluegils
    I don't always fly fish but when I do I prefer salt water. Stay salty my freinds

8. Default Re: What's your "bread and butter" species?

Smallmouth Bass fishing on the Susquehanna river in late summer is some of the best fishing anyone can ask for. Trout streams in northeast PA are abundant, but I love the fight of a big 'ol smallie. Any time from May through late October is potential great day of Bass fishing on the "Susky".

9. Default Re: What's your "bread and butter" species?

well I am going to have to say that when I am not fishing for Brown trout I am usually going for muskie or pike followed by smallmouth bass. Gar pike are in their to, plus fresh water drum. Oh ya and I in the fall we get whitefish off the pier's, hard to get but fun....I forgot to add fall fish in there as well.

Cheers
    Dave

10. Default Re: What's your "bread and butter" species?

I'd have to say my absolute favorite species to pursue with a fly rod is smallmouth bass. Living near some of the premier smallmouth water makes it very easy also. However I also enjoy pursuing trout. I live within an hour of the Gunpowder, one of the top tailwater fisheries in the US.

Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast