Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Back from the Woods

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi and say I'm back from hunting and looking forward to getting back into the rivers again! I haven't posted in a while so just wanted to get reaquainted with everyone. I did pretty good with the deer this year (3) and I while I was unemployed last spring did pretty well in the Savage River. I'm working again so my flyfishing will be back to weekends. Looking forward to talking to everyone.
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

2. Default Re: Back from the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi and say I'm back from hunting and looking forward to getting back into the rivers again! I haven't posted in a while so just wanted to get reaquainted with everyone. I did pretty good with the deer this year (3) and I while I was unemployed last spring did pretty well in the Savage River. I'm working again so my flyfishing will be back to weekends. Looking forward to talking to everyone.
    I can identify! From mid August till end of November, I trade my fly rod in for my bow or rifle! I miss out on some great fishing in the fall, but the deer, elk, and antelope call to me!
    Christopher

3. Default Re: Back from the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    I also have to say I like your handle. We have a beer named Troutslayer that is brewed in Missoula.
    Christopher

Default Re: Back from the Woods

Hi Troutslayer,
    I'm fairly new to the board, just wanted to say Hi and glad to meet you.