Dynamic nymphing

jcw355

Reaction score
Just ordered the book Dynamic nymphing by George Daniel the other day. Anyone read this? Thoughts? Saw George on an episode of Fly rod chronicles and figured with his credentials this had to be a good book.

sandfly

Reaction score
what i want to know is how do you set a hook properly when the rod is up behind your head like in the show. it's a form of high sticking thats all at least when we high stick the rod is down closer to the water where you set the hook better.. Just don't see much difference in it..

rockriver

Reaction score
I purchased a copy a couple of weeks ago. It's a full course on nymphing techniques and I'd rate it at the top. It isn't a book that your going to read in a evening and put away since it's in depth on detail. I keep going back to the first chapter and will be glad to see the ice go out of the rivers up here so I can apply some of them up here. :)

Sage & Abel

Reaction score
I purchased it a month ago. It's a good book, with a lot of ideas and techniques. Some will work for you, others will not, I'm sure. But it's definitely a good read for people who nymph, as it will give you some techniques to consider, leader formulas that are different than I've seen in other books, fly patterns, etc. I like it but like a lot of books it can become dry at times. It's almost text book in it's approach, which does not lend itself to smooth reading - but I'd be surprised if it was intended to be read that way.

Cheers,
Mike.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
If you think you might be interested in learning more about dynamic nymphing, George Daniel did an episode on Fly Fishing Internet Radio. I think you have to sign up as a temporary member to listen to an archived show, but it is free. This is a pretty interesting episode and well worth the time.
Dynamic Nymphing | George Daniel | Fly Fishing