Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Allen Prices

Default Re: Allen Prices

Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
    I was a little disappointed that they weren't at the Lancaster Fly Expo this year I was hoping to buy a reel there.
    Sorry about that. I had plans to be there. However, I needed to take a week off for some medical issues. All is good now and we'll be in Michigan next week at the Mid-West Expo.

Thanks

For you guys that have ABAL boxes, how do they compare quality wise to a Wheatley? I am looking for a compartment box with foam on the other side and saw these, but can't comprehend the price difference...lol

You wouldn't be sorry if ya got one. I can't say about Wheatleys,,dont have one of them,,but these are every bit as good as the Orvis aluminum boxes,,with the trout colors that sell for about 45 dollars. The Allen's are a classic black, and perfect to personalize with perhaps a decal or name plate,,if one chose to. Or, they look just dandy as they are ! These boxes are proof that quality does NOT have to cost an arm and a leg. I'm ordering another one.
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

Also, I don't see replacement foam on their site...will Wheatley foam work as well? How close in shape/size are they?

Thanks

I wish they were not sold out of the ABAL4

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I bought 2 of the ABAL3's. We will see how they are when they come. I don't really like the rippled foam, but am hoping I can replace with Wheatley flat foam.

I received the fly boxes today in the mail. Needless to say, at $13 a piece, I am very very impressed.

I don't like the ridged foam, but I ordered some replacement flat Wheatley foam for both of them when I purchased. This has not arrived yet, but I will let you know if it fits.

Great job.

I ordered the Allen Guide Box myself a while ago. Great box for the money. Half the price of those terrible cliff boxes.

I had a question about a line that I'd purchased. Sent it at about 6PM my time, which is 7PM theirs. Had a response within 15 minutes. Stellar.

Bob

I just showed a friend of mine my ALAB3 and he was blown away by how nice it was for the money. He just ordered a Wheatly but has second thoughts.

Craig
    "Never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

All my fly boxes and hooks come from Allen... No better deals on the internet... Now I'm in the market for a reel...

Is Allen gonna be at the Great Waters Expo again this year?

Quote Originally Posted by lacanadio View Post
    I had a question about a line that I'd purchased. Sent it at about 6PM my time, which is 7PM theirs. Had a response within 15 minutes. Stellar.

Bob
    Yeah, they emailed me back at 1030pm once, 5 minutes after I emailed then. We continued the email chain until about 1130.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123