Allen Prices

nick k

Reaction score
So I've been in the market for a new fly box and most of them are WAY overpriced. Took a look at Allen company the other day and their prices blow my mind. If any of you guys are buying fly boxes, hooks, beads, or tying scissors, you should seriously check out their websites. The prices for hooks are generally about $2.50 for 25, and fly boxes that would be $30 at most stores are $12 at Allen.

To top it all off, most of the items on the site are free shipping and you can buy discounted store credit. Here are the deals for buying credit:

Pay $15 for $25 credit
Pay $35 for $50 credit
Pay $50 for $70 credit
Pay $75 for $100 credit

Seriously well done Allen. The prices there are what these things should actually cost, not the 1000% markup most places charge.

ditz

Reaction score
I use some of thier hooks and they work just fine for me. I just wish they had some ring eyed hooks in thier selection. I also have one of thier fly boxes and I see no problem with it. I don't own any $30 to 80 boxes either so I can't compare them ( and I don't really care to either ). I am a fisherman, not an angler.

bmbailes

Reaction score
allen is an awesome company! not only do they have great reels and accessories but they have the BEST customer service of any company i have ever seen! it really says alot when the president/owner of the company calls you to insure your order is correct!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
allen is an awesome company! not only do they have great reels and accessories but they have the BEST customer service of any company i have ever seen! it really says alot when the president/owner of the company calls you to insure your order is correct!
+1 for what Bmbailes said!

oarfish

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of meeting Evan Burck this past weekend at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show, talk about a passion for fly fishing he has it, we talked about how bad there old fly lines were and there news one’s which are now made by Rio. I played with some rods and reels and got a look at there new rods which are not on the market as yet, crush proof guides on a hand made rod, I’m still wondering why I didn’t pull the trigger on one.

Rick

vanceinak

Reaction score
their customer service is indeed outstanding!
The prices on their hooks when you buy 100 (4 packs of 25) or more is about $1.73 per pack with free shipping, & the quality is there.
They have my business!!!!!

roofish

Reaction score
their customer service is indeed outstanding!
The prices on their hooks when you buy 100 (4 packs of 25) or more is about $1.73 per pack with free shipping, & the quality is there.
They have my business!!!!!
Yeah I bought beads & hooks & got mine for like $1.76 & those guys treat you right too :)

cowger10

Reaction score
i think that I am going to have to put an order in and get some hooks beads the prices are hard to beat.

nick k

Reaction score
They are. Sadly you just missed the Allen store credit weekly deal. The cheapest one was $15 for $25 which is still a huge savings, and even more so considering most items are free shipping.

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
Just placed my order for a few things from Allen's. Would'a cost me a LOT more from other suppliers. Them boys just might have a regular customer here.

shimloom

Reaction score
Just got my ABAL3 fly box from Allen today. What a nice box for the $'s. I guess I will get any other new ones I need from them. Great Stuff!

Craig

streamwalker

Reaction score
allen fly fishing is a great company! absolutely love my rod and reel from them. they even told me " if you decide you wanna change up to a 9ft rod later on just send back the 8'6 and well send you the 9ft" i mean seriously what other company is guna do that? and the warranty is unbeatable.

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
I ordered the ABAL3 fly box myself, should get it first of the week. Glad to hear its a nice box. I can see that I might have to put Allen's on my speed dial. Hopefully, in the future, they can build into carrying a lot of supplies,,esp in the fly tying dept. Maybe I'll go with an Allen rod for the 8wt I'm wanting for the bigger rivers.

attila

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed that they weren't at the Lancaster Fly Expo this year :( I was hoping to buy a reel there.