Lancaster Fly Show

mrfzx

Reaction score
If anybody is planning to attend the Lancaster Fly Show, in Lancaster, PA, stop by the "4 Points" Booth and say hello. I'll be the shorter, fatter, younger guy!

dpreller

Reaction score
im headed up saturdayim like a kid waiting for christmas its been a long winter.

mrfzx

Reaction score
We were at the Somerset Show, which turned out pretty good for us. I hope the Lancaster show is even better. I actually prefer the venue in Lancaster better: There is a lot more to do after the show!

nyyankees

Reaction score
Great show. I went year. It was great to see Lefty casting. Have to miss it this year but wold encourage anyone in the as to go.

theboz

Reaction score
Went to the show today and it was a good one. Got to meet mrfzx(Homer) and his 16wt. Great guy! Spent some time with Lefty and as usual had us all amazed and laughing! Someone asked him to autograph a book on casting and he looked at the cover and didn't think he should sign it because the guy on the cover didn't have a tight loop! Went to Bob Clousers and Bob Popovics seminars........EXCELLENT!Gave Enrico Puglisi a little dig because hes from L.I.like myself and instead of telling me to take a hike he gave me a 1 on 1 lesson on how to use his tarantula brush to make an awesome crab fly! Mike Schmidt tied a fly that for all the world looked like a Rapala minnow!Told me he came up with it while he was sitting there! Incredible! Oh and swirlchaser(Marco) Bob Clouser said he will autograph your bump next year!All and all it was a terrific show and glad I could squeeze it in!

attila

Reaction score
I was there today and got to see Joe Humphreys and Bob Clouser and a looked at some of the vendors new toys :)

mrfzx

Reaction score
It was a great show! Always a pleasure to meet my fellow forum members. Would have been nice to have been able to socialize a bit more on Saturday, but it was a very busy day. Sunday was very slow...spent most of the day tying Glow Whistlers for one of our Costa Rican guides. I used up two whole bottles of super glue. Those things are wicked! It was amazing how many "experts" stopped to tell me I was doing it wrong (none of them were my friends from here....I think), even though they never fished a day in CR for Tarpon. Its really hard to find nice ways to say "go **** yourself". Bob Clouser gave me his seal of approval....good enough for me!:D

Saturday night's social gathering at Jim Murphy's house (we call it the "House of Hardy") was a real blast. Jim sure knows how to entertain! Super food and liquid refreshments. Jim is truely a class-act.

pa dave

Reaction score
A friend and I went on Sunday, but before I saw your post so we didn't avoid ...just didn't know. :)

It appeared to be a little slow on Sunday, but it was fun. The guy I was with is a fine caster, but as we watched Lefty work his magic cast after cast he says, "This is too embarrassing." Lefty is truly a joy to watch.

We had a good time. We checked out the toys and bought tying materials. I'd like to see it grow for next year.

shotgunfly

Reaction score
Went for the first time. Paid for 2 days but only went one. Was there from 7am to 9pm or so. Got really repetitive IMO. Probably won't go next year since we have the Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine festival here every year. Maybe some crossover vendors.

Got to see Bob Clouser and Lefty which was a real pleasure. What is it about older fellas? They just seep wisdom and humor. Seeing and listening to them made the whole experience worth it for me.

Would love to make it up to Somerset sometime.

blackbear

Reaction score
I was there yesterday at about 3 pm...really should have been earlier but didn't have the time as I was 2 hours away. It was pretty good for the tying supplies I went there for but some booths started clearing out early.

theboz

Reaction score
I was there yesterday at about 3 pm...really should have been earlier but didn't have the time as I was 2 hours away. It was pretty good for the tying supplies I went there for but some booths started clearing out early.
You should have went to the WV Outdoor Show.My son was working a booth there and when he had a chance to walk around he said two booths had great deals on tying supplies! He called me to check on prices while I was at Lancaster.Spent money without even being there!Haha!

pabrown_yb245

Reaction score
The show was great, it was my first time there, Lefty's presentation was informatable and humerous, I bought several items from multiple vendors, I met Mike Heck a local guy from my area, one thing I didn't see and forgot about was the rooms that had casting and movies, that would of keep me there longer, one thing I would suggest is "used rods for sale" from any vendor, I see all kinds of forums and the bay, for used rods for sale but you can't feel them over the internet, I was ready to buy from a guy that has a ton of used rods on his website & he didn't bring a single one. No biggie I it was a pleasure talking to him.

Overall a great show!