Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  120
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Default Re: Searching for a stolen Winston IM6 9' 6wt

Actually had a really good talk with the detective this afternoon. Will post events as it becomes prudent to do so.

2. Likes Guest1, jaybo41, moucheur2003 liked this post
    Blog Entries

cool man!
    waiting in anticipation......

ARFE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xkgeorgex View Post
    Actually had a really good talk with the detective this afternoon. Will post events as it becomes prudent to do so.
    That's the ticket man, use the Dale Carnegie approach. If people don't like you they are not particularly inclined to help you. Whenever I need something from a public servant be it a police officer, a game trooper, or a politician, I never tell them what I want first. I make some conversation and get a feel for how things are with them. It just works. You gotta figure, they work a job where everyone who comes to them has some sort of complaint else-wise they wouldn't even be speaking to them.

When you show a little interest and empathy for what they deal with it brings out the human side of most.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

5. Likes jaybo41 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Actually I said I'd let the police determine what happened, .... Even if it were and I doubt it highly, as I said, I would let the police determine that.
    Word of caution to reiterate what was said above.
    You do not know who stole it, so please don't assume the Ebay seller is guilty. That assumption is common among victims eager to affix blame, and it serves nobody well (and only confuses the process). Let the police (slowly) handle it.
    I'm a dealer at gun shows (collect antique knives). I've seen many people claim that guns on tables were theirs, stolen from their homes. It happened next to me at a show last month. The incensed victim yelled at the seller until the police were called. Meanwhile, the victim called home for the serial number. NOT A MATCH. The 'yeller' didn't even apologize.

With that I'll say this theft sickens me. I heard about similar thefts taking place in the Smokies while fishermen were away from their vehicles. Thieves will steal. Try to get through this without being tainted yourself. That's my wish for you (and may the thief burn in hell).

7. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011