Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Leaky Waders

Default Leaky Waders

what do all of you do with old leaky waders? I've aqua sealed mine multiple times but there's just too many holes, getting new ones just trying to think if theres a company that repairs waders or something? If anything Ill keep em for extra people or whatever.

Default Re: Leaky Waders

+1 on the recycledwaders.com

Send them your waders and have them turn it into a waistpack and a wallet!

Randy
    “Fishing for me, as funny as it sounds, is sorta my brand of praying almost. I’m never closer to my spirituality than when I’m in the act of fishing.” - JT Van Zandt

I see that "recycledwaders.com" sells their items online, at various costs. So, I'm wondering if they discount the price on the items they sell, if one sends them the material (our old waders) to make their items from? Or, are we just paying to ship, then giving them the material to make their product to sell?

Respects,

Richard

live in the south, but have a second home in Durango Co. Hope to be there full time some day!

I knew a chap that had a crafty wife, she made a shower curtain out of their old Simms waders. I'll try to track down a photo...
    ditch, creek, stream or river...let me cast

6. Likes brucerducer liked this post

Like the shower curtain idea

8. Likes brucerducer liked this post

“Fishing for me, as funny as it sounds, is sorta my brand of praying almost. I’m never closer to my spirituality than when I’m in the act of fishing.” - JT Van Zandt

The new technology is "Sonic seam" by Orvis. They are melted together and not a stitch in the whole wader!

I got a pair. The stocking foot is shaped like a foot and is so easy to get on and off. A little pricey, at $259, but I think they are worth every penny.

PS - I have nothing to do with Orvis..... I don't get a kickback? I just think these are the best waders, and I think these will last me a very long time!

I just replaced my waders and I'm trying something on my old waders to see if they could be a borrow pair for when m trying to teach others to fish. I bought a pair of flex seal and sprayed the areas that were leaking. I've heard mixed reviews as to if it'll work or not but I figured what the heck!

I'll post here after I try them out!
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."
    ~by Tony Blake

"A trout is a moment of beauty known only to those who seek it."
    ~ Arnold Gingrich

Arrow Re: Leaky Waders

Quote Originally Posted by rickf View Post
    The new technology is "Sonic seam" by Orvis. They are melted together and not a stitch in the whole wader!

I got a pair. The stocking foot is shaped like a foot and is so easy to get on and off. A little pricey, at $259, but I think they are worth every penny.

PS - I have nothing to do with Orvis..... I don't get a kickback? I just think these are the best waders, and I think these will last me a very long time!
    No stitches? Very cool. I'll have to check them out. Not that it'll solve all problems. Last Fall my father and I were fishing and waded across a shallow spot in the river and halfway across he shouts like he's startled! Turns out he sat on a rock or log earlier and it totally ripped a giant hole across the backside of his waders. He had 40 F Degree water pouring into his waders! So yeah, no stitches may help unless you just sit on a sharp rock or log.