Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Plans

1. Default Fishing Plans

Just wondering if the cost of fuel will alter anyones fishing plans this season.
    "If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach

Default Re: Fishing Plans

Nope. I'd rather sleep in a tent instead of a motel to save money.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Yes most definately, actually started to alter the way we do things last year.
    We now take the Wifes' 4-Runner on almost all trips unless we get another person or two to go, then we will take the big truck.

Also started doing our own shuttles when possible.
    The 4-Runner saves a bit on gas and pulls the boat fairly well, space can be an issue though.

Another option we are looking at is renting a spot and leaving our trailer on the river for the season, for the cost of lodging for 3 nights, we can rent a full hook-up spot for the month.

Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas

It wont alter my normal weekend fishing, it will mean less longer trips, like to wyoming to fish with my dad, which is too bad. But costs me 80 dollars in gas for a round trip to my parents house now.

ive got a boat with a 100 gal gas tank---ill be exploring close to the harbor mouth this year---it wont stop me from fishing montauk, cape lookout and key west though.
    "something is happening here but i dont know what it is"---dylan

Quote Originally Posted by shorthaul View Post
    ive got a boat with a 100 gal gas tank---ill be exploring close to the harbor mouth this year---it wont stop me from fishing montauk, cape lookout and key west though.

100 gallons, OUCH!!!

7. Default Re: Fishing Plans

the cost of fuel has hurt the wallet for many of us. It used to cost me about $35-40.00 to fill up my buddies flatsboat or truck, now its close to $60.00 for either. My wife and I used to pile up in the suv and scoot off for a long weekend, cant do much of that anymore. the average cost of fuel down here is $3.09/gal for regular unleaded.

The marinas only offer 89 oct. at $3.39-3.59 a gallon. not heading offshore in the 25' Dusky any time soon, 40 gal fuel tank.... OUCH!!!!!
    Let us all share our wisdom with a younger generation. Tight Loops, Tight Lines and Good Fishing to All

8. Default Re: Fishing Plans

No way, like said above, I will sleep in my car, charge hitchhikers, or sell a kidney if I have to.
    Christopher

You could also donate blood or plasma.

I'm gonna start stealing catalitic(sp?) converters, and selling the Platinum, I read there is a great market for this field.

10. Default Re: Fishing Plans

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    You could also donate blood or plasma.

I'm gonna start stealing catalitic(sp?) converters, and selling the Platinum, I read there is a great market for this field.
    Wouldn't make much money if I donated!
    Christopher

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast