Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Take care with Fishwest !!

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Much better than my French. If I got the rest of your post right, you sent Larry a package that got lost, but maybe costoms drank your fatty liver wine? That can't possibly be right! But they reimbusrsed you for it. What does a bottle of fatty liver wine cost these days?

I think he is saying that customs confiscated the foi gras and wine he was bringing to Larry. But being from Jean Paul, he might well have been carrying some liver wine...

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

I failed to recognise "foie gras" and invented a new wine in the process. Do you think there is a market for fatty liver wine?

I've taken my post down.
    Last edited by oarfish; 03-13-2013 at 01:03 PM.

4. Likes ben664 liked this post

All the more reason to buy from Allen.

Allen's did me great.
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

Mail-order can just be that way, and that's a chance I do take, but it keeps me up at night sometimes. I won a St. Croix Avid rod from ebay right after they came out with the newer IPC 4-pc models. I was supposed to get the discontinued 2-pc non-IPC rod, but they sent me a 4-pc IPC instead. I called them to tell them they sent me the newest model, and they told me to keep it! It was a fly shop/outfitters in Idaho, and they said that if I needed a guide in Idaho, to think of them first. I thanked them for their generosity, and that became my wife's first rod. Forgot to mention that I paid $90 for that rod, and thought that was a deal for the 2-pc model. The new IPC model they sent was right around $210 at the time.

I worked for the USPS as a temporary (90 days) worker while in college. It's amazing that anything gets delivered, and they treated the mail like it was garbage. The job is horribly boring, and I couldn't imagine EVER making a career of it. I dug graves one summer (I always found the best jobs), and even that was better than the post office.

Over the years and countles orders I also have had my share of poor and poorer customer service with many internet/mail order mfgs. I have been going to my local shop for years now. I take a picture with me and point and Joe does all the work. Try it some time, the didvidends pay off with great customer service and maybe a life long fishing buddy thrown in. I walked in one day with my then new Zero Gravity that had lost an argument with a rock and walked out with a new on in hand. Joe again did all the work and Orvis sent him a new rod in a few days. It's great when you can deal directly with the CEO and customer service face to face.

Charlie
    There is nothing like Wild Trout ,Timber Rattlers and Cowboy coffee.

Blog Entries

although i have ordered anything from fishwest, after what i've read in this thread, i will never buy from them.
    some companies, mail order in particular, loose track of the importance of good customer service.
    a bad reputation in our industry spreads like wildfire on these boards, and in a short time, they've essentially screwed themselves out of future buyers.

ARFE

10. Likes woodrivertroutbum liked this post

Ive bought quite a bit of stuff from Fishwest at this point. The only issue i have had was delayed shipping on an item. When it ships for free it is hard to complain too loudly.

I went to the local Toyota dealer last week, and ordered the plastic slide for an automatic transmission shifter (the thing that covers the hole between Park and 1st). They said it would be in the next morning by 9am. I went there, and they said the Maryland warehouse didn't have them, so it would be there on Monday. Went there yesterday, and they ordered the wrong part. They ordered the right part, and said that it would be there this morning by 9am. I went there at noon, and they said it wasn't at the Maryland warehouse (both times their computer showed it was at the Maryland warehouse), and that it would be coming from their New York warehouse in a day or two.

Face to face is nice, but seeing the item on the shelf is AWESOME!

13. Likes williamhj liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast