Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbblom

Reaction score
I got a pair of nicer looking breathable Frogg Toggs about a year ago.

About 4 days in, the crotch was leaking. This led to an extremely cold and wet day of belly boating. After patching the crotch, the seams behind the knees started leaking (ie another cold wet day in the belly boat). The taped seams 'seem' to have some very weak glue, leading to many leeks in under a week! Because of this, I keep using my old Reddington Sonic Pros instead. With hundreds of days of use, they are covered with patches, but continue to outperform the Toggs in terms of comfort and durability.
I tried to contact Frogg Toggs warranty department to ask which sealant to use... no reply!
Just found another leak to fix. I'm thinking that every seam will be coated in AquaSeal before these waders are actually useful. And they still have less than ten days on them!
So, lesson learned... I won't ever buy a pair of Toggs again! Saving up for another pair of Sonic Pros. My old sonics were deep in their second season (ie hundreds of days in) before needing to be patched.

tbblom

Reaction score
They looked like a nicer wader with more features. They had nicer front pockets, thicker boots, and looked better for cold weather when compared with the sonics. Boy, was i wrong!

itchmesir

Reaction score
Frogg Toggs vs Sonic Pros... Pretty easy for me to decide which ones I'd use.... why even buy the Toggs... Complete waste of money from what I've heard and read everywhere

wt bash

Reaction score
I never had waders take the abuse I dish out so I got in the habit of buying a tube of aquaseal when ever I get new waders and launch a preemptive strike against leaks by hitting all the seams on the inside before they even see water.

waterfordcreek

Reaction score
Strange. I have a set of the hellbender wading paints and i love them. They have seen alot of hard use.

Shame to hear about the customer service. Some companies just dont get it.

Jim

stimulator2

Reaction score
My girlfriend Ann had a pair trhat done the same thing and returned them and got the same results so she went with a cabelas brand wader and not a problem the past 2yrs. I bought a pair of Frogg Togg wading boots and they made it 2 months and started to come a part returned them for a new pair and got the same results started coming apart that was 2 pair in one summer.I will never own Frogg Toggs again.

shimloom

Reaction score
Frogg Toggs are for sure a poor product. Sorry that they didn't work. Send them back for a refund if possible. Lots for better stuff out there. I had a pair of their over pants rain gear. A couple of times kneeling on the deck of my boat and they where starting to go bad.

Craig

froggtoggs

Reaction score
That is very unfortunate to hear. Not only the waders failing but mostly not getting a response from us. We stand by our product 100%, and carry a 1 year manufacturers warranty that is second to none in our industry. Please contact me at your convenience so I can make this right.:sorry:
I got a pair of nicer looking breathable Frogg Toggs about a year ago.

About 4 days in, the crotch was leaking. This led to an extremely cold and wet day of belly boating. After patching the crotch, the seams behind the knees started leaking (ie another cold wet day in the belly boat). The taped seams 'seem' to have some very weak glue, leading to many leeks in under a week! Because of this, I keep using my old Reddington Sonic Pros instead. With hundreds of days of use, they are covered with patches, but continue to outperform the Toggs in terms of comfort and durability.
I tried to contact Frogg Toggs warranty department to ask which sealant to use... no reply!
Just found another leak to fix. I'm thinking that every seam will be coated in AquaSeal before these waders are actually useful. And they still have less than ten days on them!
So, lesson learned... I won't ever buy a pair of Toggs again! Saving up for another pair of Sonic Pros. My old sonics were deep in their second season (ie hundreds of days in) before needing to be patched.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
That is very unfortunate to hear. Not only the waders failing but mostly not getting a response from us. We stand by our product 100%, and carry a 1 year manufacturers warranty that is second to none in our industry. Please contact me at your convenience so I can make this right.:sorry:
I hate to rain on your parade, but what good is a warranty on a pair of waders you can't trust? Maybe you guys should do some work in your quality control.

caseywise

Reaction score
never tried them and most likley will ever buy them.
there is alot to be said about cs. if it's good, you'll get
my attention. crappy.....good luck.

casey

dhaynes

Reaction score
Both my wife and I have worn Froggtoggs Hellbenders for nearly 3 years. We fish over 50 days a year. Our favorite stream is choked with briars in the summer and has very rocky banks. We have had no problems with them and, when it comes time to replace, will seriously consider purchasing them again. In our experience Froggtoggs have been a pretty good product.

tbblom

Reaction score
perhaps it was just a bad batch with bad glue on the seam taping?

The CEO of Frogg Toggs got in touch with me and wants to make it right, so I will be giving them anther chance.:thumbsupu

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
If this was the first time I had heard about it maybe I'd blow it off as a just a bad batch. It is not and a fast search finds more of the same, complete with poor customer service. This kind of attention may just be what those folks at frogg toggs need to straigten their act out.
In march i purchased a pair of Frogg Togg Auraua Wading boots and wore them two months before they started coming apart at the seams on the toe well i called them and Cabelas.Cabelas replaced the boots since i bought them from them but Frogg Togg never returned my call. Ann my gf bought a pair of Frogg Togg Hellbender waders and wore them 4 times and they leaked in the seams on the insde thigh so she got the same results i did out of both companies.It has been 2 months since i got me new pair of wading boots and they are coming apart again so i called Cabelas and told them and told them i did not want them to replace them just wanted them to know the poor quality of the boots that i would not be buying any more Frogg Toggs but would when i finished wearing these out buy something else thay have. The waders have noy leaked on Ann again but then she has not been in deep water with them again will let you know more on that later..One more note when Ann called Frogg Togg the customer rep was rude about the waders but Cabelas was stand up about it..I have no plans on ever owning Frogg Togg again..
The consistant theme I have heard on frogg togg makes me more that just a bit leary of them. Their rain gear is also good for a whole sprinkle based on what friends here have told me also. Nothing sucks worse than being soaked except being soaked and cold.

To be fair I did find this also;
Frogg Togg Hellenbender pants.

They are now over 2 years old. Have put them through hell in the GSMNP.

No leaks...fit really well. All for $109.00

I have had them all. Paid more for some than i will admit. They have all leaked....except the frogg toggs.

Jim

Unless I were to see a marked improvement in the performance of their stuff and a drastic improvement in their attitude at customer service I won't be having a thing to do with them in this lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.