Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fishing weekend with the lady

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: A fishing weekend with the lady

Quote Originally Posted by 1move View Post
    Dan the net does use a little bit of the purpleheart wood in the hoop and also uses curly maple. It does look like it is a different color in the photos. Maybe due to flash?
    Yah, I don't know why it is so hard to get true colors to come out in a photo. I have to mnkey with the editor just to get close. That's a beautiful net. If she appreciates it as much as I like it you scored big points with it.

JP, I am not sure what it is. I googled purple heart to get a photo, and it was in the species index of a hardwoods site. It looks like the back side of a strumstick or dulcimer type instrument. If you look at the big end it's off the table about as far as a bridge would hold it up. Just guessing.

2. Default Re: A fishing weekend with the lady

Quote Originally Posted by 1move View Post
    Yes sir I sure did. Thanks to your post Breaking in new net I found him and ended up buying from him! What a great guy and the service was phenomenal! He shipped it to Canada for me and it came up here overnight Stuff never comes in Overnight and the cost to ship it was only $35! I was amazed, and honestly the service was awesome I did not mind spending the money at all and will be buying another one for myself from Greg.
    Your Purple Heart net is beautiful, I looked at it for months before I ordered my net. His work is amazing, I am trying to get out to fish with him.

Nice that you and your lady got out on the water.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    JP, I am not sure what it is. I googled purple heart to get a photo, and it was in the species index of a hardwoods site. It looks like the back side of a strumstick or dulcimer type instrument. If you look at the big end it's off the table about as far as a bridge would hold it up. Just guessing
    ....?That's....weirdaccording to the shape... guessed it was a coffin for....batman

Sounds like a great day even though the fishing was slow. I am still trying to get my wife on the water, I think that she would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputinj View Post
    Your Purple Heart net is beautiful, I looked at it for months before I ordered my net. His work is amazing, I am trying to get out to fish with him.

Nice that you and your lady got out on the water.
    Thank you, he does amazing work. Eventually I will have to make a trip down to your guys' neck of the woods and maybe we can all head out fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by cowger10 View Post
    Sounds like a great day even though the fishing was slow. I am still trying to get my wife on the water, I think that she would love it.
    It is a lot of fun and a lot easier to spend money on fly fishing gear without explanation

Here is a photo of us towards the end of that day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12