Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite food on the water

Default Re: Favorite food on the water

Well our staple is Beer. I like to keep jerky and some sandwiches. We also keep water around for the driver.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

Bucket of KFC

3. Likes itchmesir, osok, mrfzx liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    Bucket of KFC

That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Nothing better than a bucket of chicken, on your float tube, in the middle of a lake. LOL!

Staples for me include the following in order of priority, Red Man, Gatorade and a salami sandwich.

Gatorade for the ride, hyrdation pack w/ water while fishing and pack Sweet n Salty Nut Granola Bars, beef jerky ...... recently started bringing a PB&J ............... and don't forget the cigar.

Depends if I am walking in or floating...

Floating:

1) Sushi - My local Martin's usually has some really good Cali Rolls that I am quite fond of.

2) Sandwiches of various types are always good.

3) Hot soup is great in the Winter or grilling chicken, steak or venison is a great option too.

Walking:

1) Sandwiches

2) Beef Jerky

3) Granola Bars

Didn’t we just do this thread, like....two weeks ago?

I think when all the votes were tallied up on the last go around, the most popular snack was two Peeps, a pack of Pez with a Red Bull chaser.

I’ll stick with my Tropical Trail mix, no chocolate and a bottle of water.

TT

Like some of the choices here. For me I only drink water. Hate to have to get off the water to use the john or what ever. I eat good the night before and leave it at that until I head home, then stop and get something or wait to I get home.

Craig
    "Never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Every day starts with coffee. I always have a water bottle in my vest. Used to always keep MRE snack-PB, cheese sauce- in the vest but they do eventually leak. I like a plain onion bagel; they travel well and soak up your beverage of choice and make you feel full.
    Since I quit smoking, I have to carry gum or candy or a snack so I remember to take breaks. Otherwise, I don't stop and my casting and enjoyment suffers.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

Always take two nalgenes, one usually frozen to drink in the afternoon after it thaws enough usually leave it in he car, and maybe a powdered lemonade or Emergen-C. Venison jerky or beef when I eat all that I've killed (for those who have ever had Kuby's in Dallas, you know what I'm talkin' about), Clif (mint chocolate, choco PB, or blueberry crisp or banana bread if its morning) or Odwalla bars. Cheese if I've got it, usually don't remember it though.

And beer, always beer. If I'm straying away from the car a long ways, I'll leave my waist pack and wear a vest with two koozied cans of Budweiser along with the water. If close to the car, bottles of good pale ale, wheat beer if its really hot. If its really cold, whiskey. Bulleit, Jameson, or Johnnie Black, whatever I've got around.
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" - Lee Wulff

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast