Pet Peeve's.............

waterfordcreek

Reaction score
You know, there is always that thing or two that a fishing buddy does that just irritates the heck out of you.

Like:
False casting to much
Takes 30 minutes putting on waders
Wanting a hero shot with a 6 inch rainbow
Talking about spouse/problems
Never has floatant
Never has flies

Maybe that's why, when i am fishing for fun...i am usually by myself.:cool:

Ok, What grinds your gears??

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
Only have one other fly fisherman here. He's a better caster than I am so I can't fault him on that. He takes many of my 'hero shots'. Shows up in his waders. No spouse. Have supplied a few flies but don't mind that. Neither of us use floatant. ........... Guess I don't have it to bad. He's kind of competitive. :D Not me though.....:rolleyes:

caseywise

Reaction score
my fishin buds are normally well equipped gear wise.
as far as jabber, give a little take a little. no "epic" life changers please.
on the other hand, if somebody needs something , i'll normally oblige.
lunch and last fly of certain pattern "no":p

casey

norcoflyfisher

Reaction score
When I let him fish my rod and he hands it back with the grip all wet. And we usually snag each others' lines at least once per trip but I guess that has become the norm

Rip Tide

Reaction score
..... wanting to leave early.
"I need to go home and mow the lawn" :rolleyes:

My regular fishing partner and I have fished together since 1969 and I've known him since first grade.
I've fished with other people of course but he and I fit well together and always have. We don't hang out together, only fish.

littledavid123

Reaction score
I have always fished alone, don't know why just have. For the most part I don't mind fishing with others, hmmm gonna have to think about this some more.

Dave

baseman1

Reaction score
What's this "Parking Lot" you speak of. We are usually at the end of a dirt road somewhere. My biggest pet peeve is the need to stop for a "Pee" break every 10 mins cause they aren't aloud to smoke in the truck.

itchmesir

Reaction score
What's this "Parking Lot" you speak of. We are usually at the end of a dirt road somewhere. My biggest pet peeve is the need to stop for a "Pee" break every 10 mins cause they aren't aloud to smoke in the truck.
Not many parking lots at streams here either... usually side of the road or end of the road...

I'd also tell dude to meet me there if he felt smoking on the way there was that important to them...

My biggest pet peeve is one of my buddies is very insistent on wanting to fish closed streams during our winter season.. so much of a peeve I don't get a hold of him during winter season anymore

stenacron

Reaction score
OK, let me clarify... the parking lot, or the place where the vehicle of choice is powered down before exiting or dismounting from prior to walking to the body of water to be fished.

This is just a draft, I'll have Legal review it on Monday to make sure this properly differentiates parking from fishing. :p

jokeandcolor

Reaction score
The BS stories from opening day where a rough march makes dredging up a couple trout with worms near imposible and my buddy always seems to "lose 1 or 2" on flies.

The im too good for any type of fishing except a flyrod and a dryfly types.

The trout are the only fish worth going after guys.

ditz

Reaction score
I mostly fish alone. The reason is probably one of the following:

I don't have to deal with egos
Most people don't like me
I stink

wishiniwerfishin

Reaction score
I only have three things that get to me when I take a friend out fishing. I always provide all fly's, leader material, and sometimes rods so I don't care if they have no gear at all, no bother to me. What does get to me is when my time on the water is negatively effected by a fishing partner.

So these are my three pet peeves...

1) Fishing buddy
Q: "What time are we getting off the water?"
Me
A: "When I feel like it!"

2) Me
Q:" Dude, where are you?.... Just meet me at the ramp and call when you want me to pick you up!"
Fishing Buddy
A:"Sorry bro, I didn't hear the alarm on my cell"

3) Fishing Buddy
Q: " Do we realy need to get up that early to go"
Me
A: No WE don't, but yes I do have to get to the water early so I can fish first light.... Call me when you want to get picked up and I'll let you know what ramp to meet me at if I'm close enough to one to pick you up"