Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone trending upward in rod weight?

Default Re: Anyone trending upward in rod weight?

ssems to me there is a noticeable pattern here.the guys who fish for or wheere big are common or bigger waters which are more suceptable to high winds etc seem to prefer heavie rods.for example ard and dan commonly fish in alaska and the great lakes region, big waters that require big flies and the possibilty of large fish.guys who commonly fish smaller water for mostly smaller fish seem to prefer lighter rods. not rocket science obviously. just shows that regional differences and budget in some cases tend to dictate rod selection.

2. Likes fly_guy12955, runningfish liked this post
    turbineblade Guest

Default Re: Anyone trending upward in rod weight?

dpreller -- that seems to be the case, and I figured as much. That said, it looks like more and more people are moving from the general recommendation for a "textbook" fly rod of a 6-weight, now to a 5-weight, and many now say the 4-weight is the one. Maybe it will be a 3-weight in another 10-20 years.

I just find the heavier line more useful -- just wondered if other people felt the same.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234