Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New guy saying hello

Default New guy saying hello

Hi all,

I have been lurking on this site for a couple weeks and have really enjoyed reading the material here picked up more than a few good tips and enjoyed reading the discussions. Everybody here seems really friendly and there is an impressive volume of knowledge to learn from so I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself. I live and work in upstate NY's catskill region so my home waters are the Beaverkill, East and West branches of the Delaware, and Willowemoc primarily with a bunch of small farm streams thrown in. I have been fly fishing my whole life and still have a lot to learn but now that my 3 daughters are getting into the sport it has taken my enjoyment to a whole other level. Anyway thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself.

wet lines and dry socks

chris

2. Likes double dry liked this post

Default Re: New guy saying hello

Welcome to the forum Chris, you are right about there being a slew of good folks on here. But don't let being new here keep you from posting, we are always interested in each others stories. Don't forget to take advantage of the search feature, there is a wealth of information hidden in there.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Hi Chris, you too Dave

I don't visit a bunch of forums but I read a lot of new member posts here that state that we seem friendly. It is true that we have a very good membership and you will feel welcome here whenever you make posts.

It's good to see you introduce yourself,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

hello and welcome to the forum chris
    lots of great people here with a ton of knowledge.
    looking forward to hearing more from you.

casey

ARFE

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Welcome to the Forum! Minor suggestion though; go back into your User CP and plug in your location. Knowing where folks are located really helps in responding to questions.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Chris...+1 what Fred said...tons of infos , lots of friendly and helpful people here