maiden voyage

nc_cooter

Reaction score
Late yesterday, my wife and I went down to the pond to try out some new fishing toys. A new 8' Sportsman 2 person pond boat, an Okuma Sierra reel and an 7.5' UL spin outfit rigged for bubble/fly for my wife.
The pond boat was great. Very stable, both sitting and standing and easy to paddle.
I really like the new reel. I had the drag set low and caught one bream large enough to take line. The drag is smooooth!
It took my wife a while to get the bubble/fly casting down, but after the first hook up she did great. (she actually caught more than me)
All in all, a good outing.

Mike

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Good to hear you two had a pleasant go of it. Next trip or whenever you might take a few pictures of the boat I'd like to see it.

Ard

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike: Sounds like a successful first trip, congrats!
I have no idea what you boat looks like, post a few photos when you have a chance.

nc_cooter

Reaction score
I'll post some pics when it quits raining, but according to the current NOAA weather forecast we in for 7 straight days of rain here. Right now its under a cover. The only pic I have is from the sales ad. Don't know if it would be ok to post here. Maybe some one could let me know.

Mike

nc_cooter

Reaction score
Had a break in the rain so I took some pics of our new pond boat. I modified our garden cart to haul the boat to the pond that is about 400 yards from our house. Our truck is a short bed sportside so the boat wouldn't fit. Heck, I can even tow it with our riding lawnmower. The home made dolly wheels work great and I just leave them attached while fishing. The boat comes with 2 seats but only one is shown.

Thanks for looking,
Mike