Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: maiden voyage

Default maiden voyage

Late yesterday, my wife and I went down to the pond to try out some new fishing toys. A new 8' Sportsman 2 person pond boat, an Okuma Sierra reel and an 7.5' UL spin outfit rigged for bubble/fly for my wife.
    The pond boat was great. Very stable, both sitting and standing and easy to paddle.
    I really like the new reel. I had the drag set low and caught one bream large enough to take line. The drag is smooooth!
    It took my wife a while to get the bubble/fly casting down, but after the first hook up she did great. (she actually caught more than me)
    All in all, a good outing.

Mike

2. Likes milt spawn liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: maiden voyage

Hi Mike,

Good to hear you two had a pleasant go of it. Next trip or whenever you might take a few pictures of the boat I'd like to see it.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Mike: Sounds like a successful first trip, congrats!
    I have no idea what you boat looks like, post a few photos when you have a chance.
    Larry

I'll post some pics when it quits raining, but according to the current NOAA weather forecast we in for 7 straight days of rain here. Right now its under a cover. The only pic I have is from the sales ad. Don't know if it would be ok to post here. Maybe some one could let me know.

Mike

Blog Entries

hey mike,
    i too would like to see your boat
    glad everything went smoothly.

casey

ARFE

Had a break in the rain so I took some pics of our new pond boat. I modified our garden cart to haul the boat to the pond that is about 400 yards from our house. Our truck is a short bed sportside so the boat wouldn't fit. Heck, I can even tow it with our riding lawnmower. The home made dolly wheels work great and I just leave them attached while fishing. The boat comes with 2 seats but only one is shown.

Thanks for looking,
    Mike